Incoming Loggers Weekend Recap (3/13/2017)
The snow has returned here in La Crosse, Wisconsin making it feel like anything but baseball season. However, in other parts of the country, your 2017 incoming Loggers' collegiate seasons are in full swing. Here are just a few weekend highlights.
- On Saturday, Missouri's LHP Michael Plassmeyer, struck out a career-high nine batters allowing only three hits and one run. Plassmeyer's impressive showing on the mound helped extend Missouri's win streak to 14 games.
- Paul Richan, San Diego RHP, got his first start of the season on Sunday afternoon. In his six innings pitched, he allowed just three hits, one run, and struck out seven. Richan capped off the great performance with a W.
- TJ Sikkema, Missouri's freshman LHP, came in to close the game on Sunday afternoon. While the offense took care of business with a walk-off single in the ninth to extend to a 15-game win streak, Sikkema had the defense covered. In only two innings pitched, he collected four strikeouts and did not allow any hits or runs. Sikkema's jaw-dropping season statistics include 22 innings pitched over six games with 36 strikeouts, 10 hits, and one run, which has lead to a season era of 0.41.
- Sunday afternoon USF's sophomore SS, Coco Montes, helped extend his team's 14-game win streak. Montes lead the team going 3-for-5 adding a RBI and two runs scored.
- Luke Rassmussen, Long Beach State's DH, has a great weekend at the plate. He went 4-for-10 with one RBI and three runs scored.
Another impressive weekend of play by many both offensively and defensively. Check back here next week for updates on your 2017 incoming Loggers!