Do you love baseball?
Are you interested in having an impact on a young man's life,
possibly his professional career?
Are you interested in building a relationship that may last a life time?
THEN YOU MAY BE PERFECT AS A
ROCHESTER HONKERS HOST PARENT/FAMILY!
Every year approximately 30 young men move to Rochester for the summer to play for the Rochester Honkers. From late-May through mid-August, these young, aspiring ballplayers continue to hone their baseball skills playing 72 games in 76 days. Players come from all over the U.S. to participate in the Northwoods League and to be a part of the Rochester Honkers.
Over the 23 year history of the Rochester Honkers and the Northwoods League, the Host Family program has been a vital part of each team's success both on and off the field. Having the players become part of a local family helps them have a sense of normalcy in a strange, new city. Many of the players become more than a guest, they actually become part of the family.
- A legal, clean bedroom and bed for the player during the baseball season in a safe and comfortable living environment
Some meals for the player(s) during the season
- Host Family (family household members) will receive a free season pass allowing them general admission access to ALL regular season games, both home and away
- Make a positive impact on the future of a young man
- Just might get to know a future Major League Baseball Star!
Increased involvement in your community
Get in return:
- Lots of love, smiles and great memories!
Does the player require his own bedroom?
Most families offer the players a spare room. We ask that it be a legal bedroom
- Most families offer the players a spare room. We ask that it be a legal bedroom
Will I have to provide meals for the player?
You will be asked to provide meals while the team is in town. On game days, dinner is provided by the team.
- You will be asked to provide meals while the team is in town. On game days, dinner is provided by the team.
Will I have to provide transportation for the player?
Some players will have their own car, but others may need a ride to the ballpark. The Rochester Honkers Host Family Coordinator will assist in setting up carpools as well.
- Some players will have their own car, but others may need a ride to the ballpark. The Rochester Honkers Host Family Coordinator will assist in setting up carpools as well.
Is it like my college son coming home for the summer?
- Exactly! When they do arrive depending on their school and baseball schedule, they are playing baseball 72 of 76 days of the season, so you don’t really see them much depending on the home and away schedule.
If you are interested in becoming a Host Family, or for more information, please contact the Rochester Honkers Host Family Facilitator, Dan Cansino at email@example.com or call the Honkers office at (507) 289-1170, or fill out the following form and we will contact you!