Due to varying state restrictions on large gatherings, interstate travel brings unique challenges to a normal Bombers season. So in conjunction with the Northwoods League, the Battle Creek Bombers, and Battle Creek Parks and Recreation, the Bombers have finalized a plan that will eliminate travel and bring three teams right here to Southwest Michigan…
Along with your Battle Creek Bombers, meet the Kalamazoo Mac Daddies who will also be playing their home games at Homer Stryker Field.
How many guys on each team?
Each team’s roster will be made up of 30 players (14 position players, 16 pitchers).
What will the team’s schedule look like?
The first game will be on Wednesday, July 1st, with a championship game played on Saturday, September 5th.
60 dates allow the Bombers to maximize playing opportunities and seat all of our ticket holders while maintaining a reduced capacity.
Where are the Mac Daddies coming from?
The Kalamazoo front office has recruited a 2nd team based in Kalamazoo comprised mainly of local schools and local talent. Schools such as KCollege, Western Michigan, Battle Creek Valley, Kellogg Community, Central Michigan and more will build the bulk of the rosters and provide a base of talented players and provide a place for player improvement and opportunity close to home.
Player Safety and Experience
Players will be housed in local hotels and with local host families. On top of an opportunity to play and the items listed, players will also be provided a gym membership, will have scheduled off-day practices and activities and will have guidelines to follow on and off the field.
Our player’s safety and experience are most important to us. Each season, Battle Creek is consistently viewed as one of the best places to play and we needed to put a plan together that provided a safe, comfortable experience for each player. Included below are a few of the player and coach safety guidelines. A full document will be released soon.
- The Bombers will work with the Calhoun County Public Health Department, their Sports Medicine team, Battle Creek Parks and Recreation and the Northwoods League on proper guidelines for social distancing in the dugouts and locker room.
- Limitations will be placed on commonly “spit” items including seeds and gum.
- Clubhouse personnel will wipe down equipment before and during games.
- No team water coolers or shared drinking stations.
- There will be an increase in cleanliness in the home team clubhouse along with additional restrictions on clubhouse access – media and front office staff are likely to be prohibited.
- Upon arrival at the ballpark, coaches, players and umpires will undergo health screenings including temperature checks.
- Locker Rooms for home and away teams will be closed. Restrooms will be accessible for players use only and will be cleaned just as stadium restrooms.
- More specific guidelines are outlined for players, coaches, and umpires for before the game, during play, and away from the ballpark.
Please see below the latest up to date information regarding the Battle Creek Bombers & Northwoods League Season. If you have any questions please feel free to call the Bombers office at (269) 962-0735.
Battle Creek Bombers Press Releases
Northwoods League Press Releases