Bismarck Larks Seeking Group Sales Superstar
Posted: November 14,2017
WARNING: If you want to be a sports business version of a utility infielder, you shouldn’t waste your time reading about our open positions.
To become a superstar with teams, you need to first know that it all starts with tickets. Tickets are the lifeblood of sports teams. Once you truly learn how to market tickets, then it’s on to making sure these fans renew year after year. Learn these, and you’ve got the right ticket to run teams.
So, we start our people on our lifeblood—remember, that’s ticket sales. We don’t give a phone book or a stale customer service manual and tell you to go sell tickets. Our philosophy is train, train, train, and when we get tired of that, we train some more. Our goal is to accelerate your growth as fast as we can.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Bismarck Larks is offering a full-time opportunity for current applicants looking to gain real world sales experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry. The position will provide extensive training in proven sales methods and tactics.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Contacting qualified group leaders to generate ticket sales revenue through fundraisers, grandstand group outings, tailgate outings, Friends & Family, and other group sales efforts and ticket packages
- Calling on local organizations, non-profits, youth sports teams, etc.
- Make 40-80 calls per day
- Ability to work weekdays and some weekends
- Complete/graduate sales training boot camp
- Maintain call logs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Provide superior service to clients, existing ticket holders, and general fans
- Participate in weekly meetings to help develop skills and accelerate growth
- Customer service and ticketing problem solving
- Event planning and coordination
- Attending/staffing additional outside events (community relations)
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Ticket Sales
Do you want to be a superstar in sports business? That’s the first qualification. If you answered yes, then answer two more questions: 1) do you have a strong work ethic and 2) do you have desire to learn and excel?
OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
You may be asking yourself what are the chances to eventually run a team someday? This is a good question to ask. If you are a true superstar, your chances of staying on with our team are high. Our management team oversees three teams in the Northwoods League. We’re planning on buying more. We would like to populate management positions in those teams with people that have learned our marketing methods. We’ll train you, we’ll encourage you to become successful, and then we’ll look for you to do the same with recruits at our other teams.
The pressure is on you to listen, learn, grow, excel, execute and show us that we just can’t sell tickets or service our accounts without you.
- Annual salary
- Aggressive commission structure
- Health benefits
- Gym membership
START DATE: January 8, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
Video Cover Letter. Many companies require a written cover letter with an application. Not us. We’re not interested in how well you can write. We want to see how well you can speak. Please record a short video introducing yourself, state why you want to work for us, and anything else you think we should know about you. The more you can show us, the better. Show us your personality and why you’ll be a good fit.
Please express interest and submit resume and video cover letter to Bismarck Larks Assistant General Manager, Aaron Guerrero, at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Aaron by email or phone (701) 595-7523.