Becoming a Huskies Bat Boy/Bat Girl
The Bat Boy/Bat Girl is an integral part of the Duluth Huskies team. They ensure that all players’ on-field needs are met so everyone can play their best and give our fans a great show!
As a Bat Boy/Bat Girl you will get to meet and talk with the players and coaches; learn inside tips on what “pro ball’ is all about and see each and every play from on the field.
This job is not for everyone – the Bat Boy/Bat Girl position is a demanding job requiring stamina and a positive attitude. Every day holds a unique experience often with tight timelines, so Bat Boys/Girls need to be smart, dependable, alert, and flexible. Bat Boys/Girls may see and hear things from adult players that may be inappropriate for children. Prospective applicants and their parents must be aware that these things do occur, and should consider this prior to making application.
• Stock home and visitors dugouts with water jugs and cups
• Stock home and visitors dressing rooms with supplies
• Communicate with Clubhouse Manager to ensure that all on-field supplies are full
• Clean-out and sweep the home and visitor dugouts after every game
• Any other task that may be assigned by the Clubhouse Manager
• Time commitment of 4.5 – 5 hrs on game days
|For a _______ start||Bat Boy/Girl should arrive at|
Bat Boy/Girls will finish roughly 45 minutes after the end of the game.
• Free post game meals with the team in the Kennel Klub Sports Deck
• Possibility of joining the Duluth Huskies for a Batting Practice
• Working for a great team to learn more about baseball
• The best summer of your life
• Boys and girls 10 yrs or older by May 25th
• Available for a minimum of 75% (25 of 34) of all Huskies home games (see schedule online at http://bit.ly/2mtaQxV)
• Permitted to work 5 or more hrs and games that last past 10pm
• Parents must sign a Likeness Agreement authorizing the use of photographs and other media used during the performance of the applicants duties.
Huskies Bat Boy/Girl Application must be received by May 10, 2017.