Dock Spiders Staff Job Fair – April 11
FOND DU LAC, WI – The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are looking for you to become a part of their game-day staff for the 2018 season. The Dock Spiders will host a Job Fair for prospective employees on Wednesday, April 11th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm at their front office (980 E Division St.). Anyone interested can park along Division St. and walk down the driveway toward Dock Spiders front office located along the 3rd baseline.
The Dock Spiders will be accepting applications and conducting on-site interviews for part-time, seasonal, game day positions during the job fair. Here is a complete listing of jobs available for those interested:
Stadium Operations and Customer Service Game Day/Evening Positions:
- Fan Assistance Center – Assist front office staff with the operation of Fan Assistance during each game. Focus is on complete stadium knowledge, strong customer service rapport, quick decision making skills, and professional judgment. Fans check in at the Fan Assistance Center for on-field activities, emergency PA requests, and to pick up prizes during the game.
- Security – Responsible for fan safety. Must be over 21, with some experience.
- Ticket Sellers – Prepare and sell all game day and advance tickets via phone, mail, and window with an emphasis on efficiency, accuracy, and service. Responsible for all accounting of ticket inventory, including coupons, vouchers and promotional tickets. Computer literate due to ticketing software.
- Ushers – Responsibilities include pre-game prep, greeting and assisting fans to their seats, watch crowd for problems or injuries during game, assist fans safely out at the end of the game.
- Retail Store – Assist fans with checking out in the team store and help maintain the store appearance during games.
- Video Production – Operate or direct video equipment/cameras for the Northwoods League video stream. Previous video production or camera experience is a plus.
- Kid’s Zone Games – Interact with kids who are playing with the Speed Pitch or Bounce House.
- Bat Boy – Must be 16 years or older.
- Kitchen managers, Cooks & Kitchen Staff – Primary responsibilities include planning, preparation and cooking of meals for baseball games. A basic understanding of the food service industry is preferred but not necessary.
- Servers – Must be 18, with some server experience. Completion of liquor license course a plus but not required.
- Concession Stand Server – Responsible for the distribution of food and beverage out of concession stands or kiosks. Must be 18 or older.
- Concession Stand Register Operator – Primary responsibilities include taking food and beverage orders, cash handling, and customer interaction. Doesn’t necessarily need to be over 18, and should be comfortable on computers.
- Concession Stand Runner – Individuals are required to keep food and beverage product replenished during baseball games. Required to lift half barrels (161lbs) on occasion. The job also includes frequent walking and standing for extended periods of time.
Job seekers are encouraged to fill out their application before arrival at the job fair. Applications are available at the Dock Spiders Front Office, or a downloadable application can be found online at this link to the Dock Spiders website. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age by May 31, 2018. Interested applicants should come prepared to interview with a Dock Spiders staff member and bring a photo ID and Social Security Card.
Applicants should be energetic, friendly, and dependable, and look forward to contributing to the welcoming atmosphere of Marian University’s Herr-Baker Field. The Dock Spiders offer a fun-filled atmosphere and a unique employee experience for the summer months. The Dock Spiders are an equal opportunity employer.
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. Entering its 25th anniversary season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 20 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, 190 former Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (BOS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET) and Curtis Granderson (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Dock Spiders as your favorite team.