2018 Green Bay Bullfrogs Game Day Internships
The Green Bay Bullfrogs are currently accepting applicants for their 2018 game day internships. The Bullfrogs are members of the Summer Collegiate Northwoods League and play 36 home games from mid-May – August. Additionally, the Bullfrogs are a member of Big Top Baseball, which is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation, attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2017. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Bullfrogs, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews have begun and will continue to do so until all positions are full.
Currently 22 of Big Top Baseball’s 28 full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
The Bullfrogs look for 10 game day interns each summer to help fill vital roles of their organization. The game day internships require you to attend all home Bullfrogs games, special events and four community appearances. All game day interns are expected to arrive at the ballpark at least 3 hours prior to the start of the game and work through the end of the game. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Andy Francis at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please list the top two internships you are interested in. If you have additional questions, please feel free to call the Bullfrogs Front Office at 920.497.7225. A full listing of game day internships are below.
- Work with Director of Media Relations intern in coordinating stories for website and social media.
- Work with local media contacts to coordinate press passes into the stadium.
- Opportunity to create feature stories and work with website editing programs.
Video Production (Camera)
- Operate a baseline or home plate camera during each Bullfrogs home game
- Learn to operate the switcher and four-camera set up to broadcast each Bullfrogs home game
- Responsible for pregame set up and post game tear down of equipment.
- Work with Marketing Department to create short videos that can be used online to promote the fan experience at Bullfrogs games. Examples include video spoofs, mascots doing crazy things, etc
Video Production (Editing)
- Co-Direct live stream of all 36 Bullfrogs home games
- Create and organize graphics for live stream
- Strategically implement graphics during live stream
- Work with the marketing department creating promotional graphics social media and the Bullfrogs website
- Assist video production department with graphics for live stream for Bullfrogs games
- Design promotional giveaways such as team cards and posters
- Work under direction of marketing department to fulfil sponsorship contracts
- Learn the scoreboard and Video board software
- Work directly with Broadcaster and Official scorer
- Organize and manage the Hop Shop (team store) during all Bullfrogs home games
- Assist customers with in person, online sales and special orders
- Control inventory and learn to place fill in orders
- Keep the store neat and orderly
- Assist with merchandise design and team store layout
- Learn and work with season ticket holders and host families for team store discounts
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to oversee a part time staff of 2 to 7 people
- Keep corporate and other hospitality area neat and orderly
- Provide amazing customer service and a high quality of food production
- Inventory control
- Assist with food and beverage orders
- Ability to adapt on the fly to assist with lines