Note: Descriptions and compensation may change due to organizational policies
2018 Green Bay Bullfrogs Internships
The Green Bay Bullfrogs are currently accepting applicants for their 2018 summer internships. The Bullfrogs are members of the Summer Collegiate Northwoods League and play 36 home games from mid-May – August. The internships run from May 14th to August 20th. Additionally, the Bullfrogs are a member of Big Top Baseball, which is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation, attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2017. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Bullfrogs, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Every summer interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews have begun and will continue to do so until all positions are full.
Currently 22 of Big Top Baseball’s 28 full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are both educational and work components to this internship. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season. All interns will participate in a weekly sports management class that will be instructed by front office personnel. In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
The Green Bay Bullfrogs are looking for qualified individuals to assist in the management of Food and Beverage, Hospitality and game day operations throughout the ballpark. All Operation interns will assist with Food and Beverage management, staff management, pre-season and game-day set up of the ballpark and have a large role in the overall fan experience at games.
- Assist or help ensure that all aspects of stadium operations are completed in a timely manner
- Assist or in management and staffing of game day employees
- Assist in ordering and receiving inventory (food, beer, etc…)
- Help fulfill daily food preparation needs
- Help and assist in budget and setting goals to reduce costs
- Assist and help in preparing the ballpark for opening day
- Be capable of taking direction in completing assigned tasks under direct supervision
- Ability to think on one’s feet and problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
The Green Bay Bullfrogs are looking for qualified individuals to assist in the management of Food and Beverage, Hospitality and game day operations throughout the ballpark. The hospitality intern will assist with Food and Beverage management, staff management, execution of corporate outings, and game-day set up of the ballpark and have a large role in the overall fan experience at games.
- Assist with the setup and cleanup of all events held at the stadium
- Manage and supervise hospitality areas including group decks and party areas including the Bud Light Beach Club, Leinies Fan Deck, and Pre-Game Picnic Area, and ticket package service areas to ensure exceptional fan experience
- Work closely with Food & Beverage Interns on placing food/beverage orders, food preparation, waste management, and management of game day staff
- Management of inventory and staff for vending services
- Responsible for placing beverage orders with multiple distributors and maintaining inventory of designated areas
- Responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of the concessions areas
- Act as liaison to over ten distributors of goods and services around the ballpark
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as in a group setting
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
The Green Bay Bullfrogs are seeking individuals to assist in the team’s ticket box office for the summer. This individual will be primarily taking phone and walk up orders as well as preparing Will Call and corporate tickets. This individual will be expected to become a ticket system expert, do daily/weekly reports, make calls to individual ticket purchasers, and provide amazing customer service to all ticket buyers
- Assist Box Office Manager with daily duties
- Work with ticket package holders to make exchanges
- Assist in Box Office Management
- Prepare Will Call and Corporate tickets
- Make Ticket Delivers
- Make Calls to ticket buyers and prospective buyers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong Oral and Written skills
- Ability to adapt on the fly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills