Mallards Baseball has come to be a definitive part of summer in Madison and we will continue to work to deliver some fun to our community. We’ll continue hosting the Duck Pond Drive-In Series, we’re re-opening the Great Dane Duck Blind this Thursday and we’re in the midst of curating a bunch of other safe and fun events for people to enjoy while the Mallards are away.
Big Top Sports + Entertainment
Options for 2020 Ticket Purchasers:
If you had purchased tickets for a game in 2020, the Mallards staff will be reaching out to you with options. We will approach each ticket holder with three options for how to redeem the value of their 2020 ticket:
1. Credit can be applied to any upcoming 2020 event at the Duck Pond, including Drive-In movies, the Great Dane Duck Blind restaurant, or upcoming public events.
2. Value can be rolled over into equal value for the 2021 season.
3. A Mallards gift card can be issued for the value of 2020 tickets. Gift cards do not expire and can be redeemed at the Ticket Office, the Team Store, or at concession stands.
At this time, we will not be offering refunds. We appreciate your patience as we work our way through these requests, but if you purchase tickets and have not heard from us regarding your ticket value, please fill out the form here so we have the accurate contact information on hand: FILL OUT FORM HERE.
Ways to Support
As a small, Madison business, we cannot wait to get back to doing what we do best. In the meantime, there’s many ways we could use fan support. From a simple, kind message on our Facebook, to checking out some of our events, here’s how you can support the Madison Mallards and have fun while doing it!
1. Follow us on social media! We have a Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter page that we’ll keep up-to-date with all of the Mallards news. If you’ve been to a game, give us a rating on Facebook!
2. Check out our online Team Store! While inventory is still limited from our fire last fall, we’re happy to ship out or schedule a pick up time for anything we carry in our store right now!
5. Host an event at the Duck Pond! We can host drive-in style events or events of 250 people or less at the Duck Pond this summer, let us be your venue! Anything from seminars to weddings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Why can other Northwoods League teams play baseball but the Mallards can not?
With the current restrictions of Phase 2 gatherings in Dane County, the Duck Pond would have been extremely restricted to how many fans would be allowed in. We did not feel we could provide the full Mallards experience under these restrictions. With the final opt in date for the Northwoods League season being on June 23, we made the decision to forego and set our goal on a full return for 2021.
Is there a chance baseball could be played in the fall?
We are not currently looking into a fall season. There could be some one-off baseball themed events later in the year, but a fall baseball season is unlikely.
Why couldn’t you play closed-door games like other leagues?
Major leagues like the MLB, NBA, and others playing closed-door games have very lucrative broadcasting rights. With the Northwoods League, we have a broadcasting set up, but we would be relying on our fans to pay to watch games online. We are a place for the community to come together and we aren’t fully able to do that this year.
If I bought tickets but don’t like any of the three options listed above for credit, what can I do?
We will gladly work with fans on a case-by-case basis, our goal is to find a great solution for everyone within the three options above. Please call our office at 608-246-4277 and we can discuss your tickets further.
Why are you able to hold other events, but not baseball games?
We felt that within the current Phase 2 guidelines, we wouldn’t be able to provide the full Mallards baseball experience for only 250 fans at a time. However, we have been trying to find creative ways to still offer entertainment to our fans, and to do it safely. Our staff follows strict new protocols and all of our venue is set up for socially distanced enjoyment.
I had won or received vouchers for a free game in 2020, can that rollover?
We will gladly honor any 2020 vouchers in 2021!