Share the Glove Grant
The Traverse City Pit Spitters and the Northwoods League Foundation have once again teamed up for the Share the Glove grant! This season the Traverse City Pit Spitters will be awarding a softball grant. The Northwoods League Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball into positive change and support for communities. The Mission of the Northwoods League Foundation is: To utilize the game of baseball to enrich the quality of life for children and families with an enduring and caring focus on Northwoods League communities.
In support of this mission, the Foundation will be awarding twenty-two (22) equipment grants to youth baseball and softball organizations across the twenty-two (22) communities in which a Northwoods League Affiliate currently operates. This season the Traverse City Pit Spitters will be awarding a softball grant with more than $2,000 in Rawlings equipment included.
What is the grant? The grant is a standardized set of Rawlings equipment, sized for youth ages 9-12. The Traverse City Pit Spitters will be awarding a softball grant for the 2020 season. Each grant includes:
- (1) Set of Catcher’s Gear (helmet, chest protector, shin guards, mitt)
- (8) batting helmets
- (10) fielding gloves (8 right, 2 left)
- (1) bucket of practice softballs
- (6) bats (1-27”, 2-28”, 2-29”, 1-30”)
Who is eligible to receive the grant?
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible to receive the grant:
1. Organization qualifies as a 501(c)(3) organization, school or school-based program, or community-based organization as defined under US IRC section 501(c)(3);
2. Organization is not an individual, for-profit business, political, or religious organization;
3. Organization provides opportunities for kids ages 9-12 to play baseball or softball within a community that is served by a Northwoods League affiliate.
How will grant applications be accepted and awarded?
The Traverse City Pit Spitters will be accepting grant applications from organizations within our community. The Foundation will not directly accept applications.
Please contact Britani Eaton at BritaniE@pitspitters.com for information on application materials and deadlines.
2019 Share the Glove winners: American Legion Baseball
Please fill out the form below to apply for the 2020 Share the Glove Grant.