2021 Share the Glove Grant
The Northwoods League Foundation (“Foundation”) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball into positive change and support for communities. The Mission of the Northwoods League Foundation is: To utilize the game of baseball to enrich the quality of life for children and families with an enduring and caring focus on Northwoods League communities.
In support of this mission, the Foundation will be awarding twenty-two (22) equipment grants to youth baseball and softball organizations across the twenty-two (22) communities in which a Northwoods League Affiliate currently operates. This season (2021) the Pit Spitters will be giving away a youth BASEBALL grant.
What is the grant?
The grant is a standardized set of Rawlings equipment, sized for youth ages 9-12. There will be eleven (11) baseball grants and eleven (11) softball grants awarded. Each grant includes:
Baseball Grant Softball Grant
(1) Set of Catcher’s Gear (1) Set of Catcher’s Gear
(helmet, chest protector, shin guards, mitt) (helmet, chest protector, shin guards, mitt)
(8) batting helmets (8) batting helmets
(10) fielding gloves (8 right, 2 left) (10) fielding gloves (8 right, 2 left)
(1) bucket of practice baseballs (1) bucket of practice softballs
(6) bats (1-28”, 2-29”, 2-30”, 1-31”) (6) bats (1-27”, 2-28”, 2-29”, 1-30”)
Who is eligible to receive the grant?
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible to receive the grant:
1. Organization qualifies as a 501(c)(3) organization, school or school-based program, or community-based
organization as defined under US IRC section 501(c)(3);
2. Organization is not an individual, for-profit business, political, or religious organization;
3. Organization provides opportunities for kids ages 9-12 to play baseball or softball within a community that is
served by a Northwoods League affiliate.
How will grant applications be accepted and awarded?
Affiliate teams will be accepting grant applications from organizations within their community. The Foundation will not directly accept applications. Please contact your local Northwoods League team for information on application materials and deadlines. The Foundation has designated which eleven (11) communities will be awarded softball grants and which eleven (11) communities will be awarded baseball grants. They are as follows:
Baseball Grants: Battle Creek, MI; Fond du Lac, WI; Green Bay, WI; Kalamazoo, MI; Kenosha, WI; Lakeshore, WI;
Madison, WI; Rockford, IL; Traverse City, MI; Wausau, WI; Wisconsin Rapids, WI.
Softball Grants: Bismarck, ND; Duluth, MN; Eau Claire, WI; Kokomo, IN; La Crosse, WI; Mankato, MN; Rochester,
MN; St. Cloud, MN; Thunder Bay, ONT*; Waterloo, IA; Willmar, MN.
The Foundation will make the final determination on the awarding of grants. Grant recipients will be notified by their
local Affiliate. The deadline to apply is April 1st, 2021.