Official Promotion Rules:
- All future, current, and previous students of Mid-State Technical College are eligible to register via the form below, during the promotional period beginning on Monday, May 8th and ending Monday, July 31st, 2017.
- Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Sponsor, its advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this Promotion, as well as family and household members of same, shall be ineligible to participate in the Promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein.
- For every Tuesday regular season home game, one contestant will be chosen from all of the eligible entries to be the “Mid-State FREE Tuition Tuesdays” guest. The Tuesday games are as follows: May 30, 2017; June 20, 2017; June 27, 2017; July 4, 2017; July 11, 2017; and August 1, 2017.
- The randomly selected contestant will be contacted by the Rafters and invited to pick up four (4) complimentary Solarus Founders Club all-inclusive tickets at Mid-State Technical College to gain entrance to the designated Tuesday home game and be eligible for the FREE Tuition Tuesdays grand prize. The contestant will also receive: Four (4) Rafters goodie bags, in-stadium public address announcements to highlight the FREE Tuition Tuesdays contestant, and photograph with Rafters mascot Rosco commemorating the event.
- If during the third inning of any Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Tuesday home game, the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters pitcher strikes out the first three consecutive batters of the opposing team at bat during the inning without any of the batters reaching base (3 up, 3 down), the pre-selected contestant will win FREE Tuition to attend Mid-State Technical College (valued up to $15,000).
- A written affidavit from the Contest Winner, Contest Official #1, and Official Scorer, must be signed and submitted in order for the contestant to be eligible for the grand prize.
- Names and likenesses of Promotion winner may be used by Mid-State Technical College and the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters for promotional purposes without further compensation to the Promotion winner.
Official Eligibility Rules and Scholarship Information
Who is eligible?
All future, current, and previous students of Mid-State are eligible to register. However, this scholarship can only be used for future costs incurred, no payment of tuition/expenses that have already been processed.
General public is eligible as long as they are:
- 16 years or older (see policy – http://www.mstc.edu/student-resources/student-services/age-requirements)
- Plan on starting classes at Mid-State within three semesters of promotion year – Fall 2017, Spring 2017, or Fall 2018
Rafters and Mid-State Technical College employees are not eligible, as well as any dependents of and/or household members of the same.
What happens if the entire scholarship amount isn’t spent?
This award goes against any Financial Aid cost of attendance figures. Any remaining amount will be disbursed according to our Financial Aid process.
How will the scholarship be awarded?
The student must meet the Mid-State Technical College Foundation’s GPA requirements. If requirement is met, the recipient will meet with the Director, Foundation, & Alumni to discuss next steps.
Is the scholarship transferrable from person to person?
The awarded amount can only be used by a single individual, however, the scholarship in it’s entirety can be transferred to another individual if they meet the eligibility requirements.
Can recipient change programs?
Yes, but the change does not reflect a new start to the scholarship amount. Once the money is spent, they do not get more to finish a second program.
Does the recipient need to declare a program?
The recipient has one semester after their start to declare a program, e.g. start classes Fall 2017 undecided, they then must have a program declared by the start of the Spring 2018 semester (Summer 2018 is considered a qualifying semester).
Does the winner have to maintain a certain GPA requirement in order to keep the scholarship?
Yes, recipient must successfully complete 70% of the courses in which they were enrolled and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
Enrollment is calculated by the credit load on the first day of semester. Future disbursement(s) are prorated dependent on successful completion.