Great Witter Field Pie Baking Contest
By participating in this event, entrants agree:
- To abide by the contest rules and decisions of the judges,
- To allow their pie recipe to be viewed by the public, and
- To allow organizers to publish photographs of them and their pies.
- A pie has a bottom crust, perhaps a top crust, and a filling. Tart entries are also allowed.
- Pies should be submitted covered and at a proper temperature for the type of pie.
- NO FROZEN OR PREBOUGHT PIES, please
- Pies must be homemade to be considered a valid entry
- Please use only disposable 9 or 9 1/2-inch pie pans.
Judging and Prizes
A panel of judges from the community will judge the entries. This is a blind judging, and all decisions of the judges are final. Winners will be announced after the judging is complete. Please consider the light-hearted intention of the day and accept the final decisions of the judging panel.
- All pies must have completed an entry form online.
- There will be a minimum of 3 judges, and pies will be evaluated by entrant number only (no names).
- Judging criteria will include overall appearance and taste. Note that pie pan will not be considered a part of the presentation
- Scoring: Each judge will assign a numerical value (1-5) in each category without discussion among judges. The pie receiving the highest total numerical value will be the winner in that category. In the case of a tie, the judges will review and discuss those pies before a second vote.
- Judges will not know the names of entrants until the winners are announced.
- All winners will be announced after the judging pregame.
>> Entry Deadline – June 17th, at 1pm <<<<
>>> Pie Delivery Deadline – June 17th, at 5pm <<<<