FREE TUITION Thursdays
Official Promotion Rules:
- All future, current, and previous students of Mid-State Technical College will be eligible to register via the Rafters official team website, www.raftersbaseball.com , during the promotional period beginning on July 1, 2020 and ending August 20 , 2020.
- Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Sponsor, its advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this Promotion, as well as family and household members of same, shall be ineligible to participate in the Promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein.
For every Thursday regular season home game, one contestant will be chosen from all of the eligible entries to be the “Mid-State FREE Tuition Thursdays” guest. The Thursday games are as follows:
- Thursday, July 23, 2020 @ 6:35pm, Thursday, July 30, 2020 @ 6:35pm, Thursday, August 6, 2020 @ 6:35pm, Thursday, August 13, 2020 @ 6:35pm and Thursday, August 20, 2020 @ 6:35pm
- The randomly selected contestant will be contacted by the Rafters and invited to pick up four (4) complimentary Solarus Founders Club all-inclusive tickets at Mid-State Technical College to gain entrance to the designated Thursday home game, receive a $500 Mid-State Technical College Foundation scholarship and be eligible for the FREE Tuition Thursday’s grand prize. The contestant will also receive: Four (4) Rafters goodie bags, in-stadium public address announcements to highlight the FREE Tuition Thursday’s contestant, and photograph with Rafters mascot Rosco commemorating the event.
- The randomly selected contestant will attend at your own risk
- If during the third inning of any Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Thursday home game, the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters pitcher strikes out the first three consecutive batters of the opposing team at bat during the inning without any of the batters reaching base (3 up, 3 down), the pre-selected contestant will win FREE Tuition to attend Mid-State Technical College (valued at $15,000).
- A written affidavit from the Contest Winner, Contest Official #1 – Virtual verification by the Rafters online streaming footage of the game, and Official Scorer, must be signed and submitted in order for the contestant to be eligible for the grand prize.
- Names and likenesses of Promotion winner may be used by Mid-State Technical College, Mid-State Technical College Foundation, Inc. and the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters for promotional purposes without further compensation to the Promotion winner.
Official Eligibility Rules and Scholarship Information (Fine Print):
Who is eligible?
- All future, current, and previous students of Mid-State are eligible to register. However, this scholarship can only be used for future costs incurred, no payment of tuition/expenses that have already been processed.
- General public is eligible as long as they are
- 16 years or older (see policy – http://www.mstc.edu/student-resources/student-services/age-requirements)
- Plan on starting classes at Mid-State within three semesters of promotion year – Fall 2021, Spring 2022, or Fall 2022
- Rafters and Mid-State Technical College employees are not eligible, as well as any dependents of and/or household members of the same.
What happens if the entire scholarship amount isn’t spent?
- This award goes against any Financial Aid cost of attendance figures. Any remaining amount will be disbursed according to our Financial Aid process.
How will the scholarship be awarded?
- The student must meet the Mid-State Technical College Foundation’s GPA requirements. If requirement is met, the recipient will meet with the Director, Foundation, & Alumni to discuss next steps.
- The $ 500 Scholarship will be disbursed in full in the first semester attending Mid-State Technical College
- The $15,000 Prize if awarded, if disbursed up to $3,750 per semesters for 4 semesters.
Is the scholarship transferable from person to person?
- The awarded amount can only be used by a single individual, however, the scholarship in its entirety can be transferred to another individual if they meet the eligibility requirements.
Can recipient change programs?
- Yes, but the change does not reflect a new start to the scholarship amount. Once the money is spent, they do not get more to finish a second program.
Does the recipient need to declare a program?
- The recipient has one semester after their start to declare a program, e.g. start classes Fall 2021 undecided, they then must have a program declared by the start of the Spring 2022 semester (Summer 2021 is considered a qualifying semester).
Does the winner have to maintain a certain GPA requirement in order to keep the scholarship?
- Yes, recipient must successfully complete 70% of the courses in which they were enrolled and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Enrollment is calculated by the credit load on the first day of semester. Future disbursement(s) are prorated dependent on successful completion.