The Northwoods League Foundation Intereactive Accessible Seating Area was installed at Witter Field prior to the 2014 season. Designed specifically for fans with varying disabilities, the Interactive Accessible Seating Area is a concrete patio connected to the existing grandstand on the first base side. The platform is level with the existing walkway on the first-base side of the stadium for easy access from the main grandstand. Also included is an ADA compliant ramp with a landing pad that wraps behind the Interactive Accessible Seating Area and leads to the concourse behind the first base grandstand.
To make this one of the most unique venues in all of sports, the following amenities are available in this area to accommodate fans with varying disabilities and allow them to enjoy the game:
– Room for 16 handicap accessible spaces or companion seats.
– iPads for ordering concessions and viewing the Northwoods League webcast at the touch of a built-in link on the device.
– Each device is protected with a weather proof cover.
– Wait service is provided on a nightly basis.
– Complimentary head-phones are available in the area that would plug into each iPad and sync with the live broadcast for the hearing impaired.
– Drink rail for the iPad and concessions items.
– Installation of a high-visibility net that will improve sight lines for both fans in the new area and fans in the Riverview Family Clinic Fan Zone.
– $11.00 per seat.
**Seating is based on availability.