Woodchucks Seeking PA Announcer
The Wisconsin Woodchucks are seeking enthusiastic individuals interested in becoming the next voice of Athletic Park. The Public Address announcer is the primary voice for all 36 Wisconsin Woodchucks home games. This individual will work closely with the Woodchucks Front Office staff to deliver all sponsorship and promotional information in a way in which creates a memorable experience for all fans.
- Create a spirited and energetic atmosphere at Athletic Park.
- Deliver enthusiastic announcements for pre-game activities, starting lineups, nightly activities and specials, in-game action, public address announcements, and other announcements as they arise throughout the game.
- Preserve a professional presence on and off the microphone as a representative of the Wisconsin Woodchucks.
- Strong vocal talent
- Strong public speaking and enunciation skills
- Strong knowledge of baseball, including rules and positions
- Unique and definitive personality
- Ability to multi-task in high-stress situations
- Ability to remain calm and deliver clear messages during emergency situations
- Ability to comfortably speak to large crowds
- Ability to correctly announce complex names from a variety of ethnic backgrounds
- Available an hour and a half prior to all Wisconsin Woodchucks home games and any potential playoff games
- Ability to be work cohesively with potentially changing scripts
- Ability to work effectively with a team and solo
- Experience announcing is preferred but not required
Please submit an MP3 of the applicant reading the script listed below in a game-time manner, along with the applicant’s resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.