Welcome to Our Team, Kara Griswold, General Manager

Latest News

Published On: January 2nd, 2024

LA CROSSE, WIS. – La Crosse Softball announced today the addition of Kara Griswold to the Front Office as the first General Manager of the team! La Crosse Softball Owner Dan Kapanke added, “We are very impressed with her extensive background in sports and love her passion for women’s athletics.”

Growing up in Olathe, Kansas, sports were a large part of Kara Griswold’s life. Griswold moved to the upper Midwest to become a member of the women’s basketball team at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. As a student-athlete at UW-Stout, Kara Griswold was a 3-time Scholar Athlete and a 5-time Chancellor’s Scholar graduating with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in sports management and marketing. Returning home temporarily Griswold worked as a graduate assistant to the Athletic Director and Communications Director while earning her master’s degree in Sports Management from Baker University. 

While working towards her degrees Griswold also worked as a Program Administrator for Kansas Elite Girls Basketball, a competitive AAU traveling girls basketball club based in Kansas City. Griswold is a proud member of the Women Leaders in Sports organization and has been a champion for women’s sports her entire life.

Moving back up to her new favorite home Kara Griswold will continue supporting women’s sports in her first season as the General Manager for the new Northwoods League La Crosse softball team. Griswold currently resides in Tomah, Wisconsin with her partner Jacob, and their cat Eleanor.

La Crosse Softball is set to announce their team name on January 25th as part of the Winter Baseball BBQ. For more information on the event and to be the first to know the name, visit LaCrosseLoggers.com

####

Leveraging the 30-year success of the Northwoods League, the first for-profit Summer Collegiate Baseball League, Northwoods League Softball (NWLS) will be the first for-profit Women’s Summer Collegiate Softball League beginning play in the Upper Midwest in the summer of 2024.  The purpose of the League will be to develop players for their college, Olympic and future professional play.  Teams will be promoted similar to minor league baseball teams, playing games in front of fans in a fun, friendly, family-oriented environment.