Rafters Baseball Triathlon – Sunday, August 16th 2020 at 10am
This event is free and is available to all boys and girls ages 6 to 15. The goal is to provide an event for the children of Central Wisconsin who have had less opportunities to get outside and be active this summer. All children who want to compete or just have some fun are welcome.
Boys and girls will compete separately. The age groups are based on the child’s age as of December 31, 2020. All participants will be required to show proof of age.
All participants must register on online via the form below by August 14th. The waiver form also found below must be brought to the park day of event to complete eligibility. It is recommended to show up 45 minutes prior to the start of the event.
Age Verification Chart
|Year of Birth||Designated Age Group|
Each participant is allowed three hits from the tee, one run, and 10 pitches. Scores will be specific to each competition.
- Hit – A ball will be placed on a tee. The participant will have as many opportunities to hit the ball off of the Tee. Once all three balls leave the Tee, the distance will be recorded where the ball stops. For every foot traveled one tenth of a point will be awarded. For example, a ball is hit 100 feet. The score recorded is 10.
- Run – Participants will start at second base and will be timed to see how long it takes to cover the distance to home plate. For every half second under 10 seconds a point will be awarded. For example, a participant takes 8 seconds to run. Their score will be 4 points.
- Pitch – Participants will receive 10 pitches. The goal is to throw it through the designated target. For each pitch that goes through the target 2 points will be awarded. For example, 5 out of 10 balls goes through the target, 10 points will be awarded.
Each of the three events will take place one after the other. There will be a down period after the final event to add scores. Once completed, the winner from each division will be awarded a trophy on field. One winner from each male and female age group will be selected.
If a tiebreaker exists for any age group, the hitting competition score will break the tie.
Participants will need to wear closed toed shoes. No spiked shoes or cleats. Participants are encouraged to bring their own bats, gloves, and any other gear they deem necessary. A 20-minute warm session of catch will occur prior to the start of the competition.
The overall competition will vary across the age groups. For example, during the pitching competition younger participants will be closer to the designated target than the older participants.
The competition will continue in light rain. If a heavy down pour or lightning were to occur a delay will be implemented. For weather that occurs prior to the competition start, watch the Rafters website and social media for updates. If the event needs to be postponed it will be rescheduled.
All parents must have their release of liability signed prior and handed in day of the event
Social Distancing Efforts
- Family members of participants are expected to be spaced out while watching in the grandstands.
- Participants on-field will be divided into groups based on their age. Age groups will not mix with other age groups once competition starts.
- Bringing the equipment listed above for your child is a must.
- For additional guidelines while at Witter Field for 2020. Safety Guidelines
Derek Jones Benefit Concert – Saturday, August 29th, 2020
***Due to the current guidelines put forth by the Safer at Home Order and its recent extension, the Derek Jones Benefit Concert held at Witter Field on Saturday, May 23rd will be rescheduled for Saturday, August 29th***
Country Music Singer and National Recording Artist Derek Jones will headline a benefit concert for the Never Forgotten Honor Flight. This will be the first concert held at Witter Field since 2014. Gates will open at 6pm. Music will start at 7pm with opening act SouthBound. Derek Jones will follow at 8pm.
General Admission tickets are $10 presale and $15 day of event. The Never Forgotten Honor Flight Alumni that wear their jackets or shirts from their flight will receive a free pre-show meal courtesy of the Rafters with their ticket purchase.
VIP tickets are available for $50 and include access to the VIP area front of stage, pre-show food buffet, 3 beverage tabs, a signed VIP laminate and pre-show meet & greet with Derek Jones. VIP’s are allowed early access to this event at 5pm for the meet and greet. VIP tickets will be limited and are available on a first come first serve basis.
Tickets purchased for the concert’s previous date will be rolled over to the new August 29th date. The value of previously purchased tickets can be applied to tickets for the Rafters 2020 season if a scheduling conflict does occur.
All seating is considered standing room. Each section is available on a first come first serve basis. Attendees are encouraged to bring folding chairs and blanks if standing is not desired.
VIP Tickets – BUY NOW
GA Tickets – BUY NOW
View a preview of what is to come this Saturday at 5pm as Y106.5 will be hosting a virtual Derek Jones solo acoustic show. Click here for more details.
4th Annual Rushing Rapids Craft Beer Festival – Coming Soon!!