Business Development Internship (Off-Season)
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are seeking an individual to fill the team’s Business Development Internship for the 2019 off-season. This internship will begin the week of January 28th and end the week of May 6th. This individual will assist with all offseason tasks like researching potential sales leads, assisting with community events and appearances, ticket processing and servicing, and providing customer service to fans in our team store. When applying, please provide a cover letter, resume, and list of references.
About our company:
Big Top Baseball is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation, attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2018. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Booyah, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. This internship will work directly with the front office staff and reports to the General Manager. Interviews have begun and will continue until this position is filled. Currently, 80% of Big Top Baseball’s full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
– Research and find potential leads for sales staff to contact
– Attend and supervise community events and appearances
– Assist in ticket order processing and servicing current clients
– Participate in mapping out a plan for all departments in 2019
– Provide customer service while facilitating merchandise orders
– Aid in additional tasks assigned by General Manager
– Self-motivated, detail oriented, very organized
– Great customer service skills
– Succeed in a team environment
– Multi-task and effectively problem solve
– Some heavy lifting may apply
– Strong verbal, written, and communication skills
– Passion to work in sports industry
This internship is unpaid and will be a commitment of around 10 to 15 hours per week based on spring semester schedule. It is preferred that this intern receive college credit for the internship OR an internship that is required for graduation. Potential to be hired as a paid summer intern.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.