Ticket Accounts Manager (Filled for 2020)
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are looking to hire an entry level, seasonal Ticket Accounts Manager to work to find a suitable outing at the ballpark for area groups and individuals . The Rafters are a member of Big Top Sports and Entertainment, which houses the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation, attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2019. Big Top Sports and Entertainment currently owns four baseball teams including, the Green Bay Booyah, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. This past year Big Top has spread into the soccer market adding the Green Bay Voyagers, a summer collegiate soccer team, and Forward Madison, a professional soccer team in USL League One. The position will serve as an integral member of the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters sales team. An in-season role will be given to this position based on experience and skills.
The Ticket Accounts Manager position is a seasonal position that begins on January 6, 2020 and ends on August 28th, 2020 and will work within the ticket sales department of the Rafters. Candidates must be available to work daytime and evening hours, weekends, and every game-day in-season. This position offers a monthly bi-weekly stipend plus an aggressive commission structure and health club membership.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
- Utilize sales techniques to sell ticket inventory
- Develop new sales leads and actively prospect daily
- Handle incoming sales calls from prospects for promotional ticket packages
- Maintain call logs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Daily dedication to making a minimum of (80) outbound calls from provided lists of Rafters game buyers, as well as other related lead sources.
- Provide superior service to clients, existing ticket holders, prospects and single game customers
- Upgrade and up sell clients into different categories and ticket packages
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goal
- All other duties as assigned by General Manager
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college
- Prior experience working in the sports industry is preferred
- Prior sales experience is preferred
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly motivated with a desire to meet and exceed stipulated goals
- Customer service oriented
- Prior Ultimate Tool Kit training is preferred
- Availability of health insurance after 2 months of employment.
- Availability of life and dental insurance after 3 months of employment.
- Health club membership.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.