Baseball in Battle Creek dates all the way back to the 1800’s. The Battle Creek Adventists were the earliest recorded organized baseball team located at the original site of MCCU Field. Erected in 1990, the stadium was constructed mainly of steel and concrete with a covered grandstand and tall steel girders, providing an “old-school” feel. Since then, the field housed minor league teams like the Battle Creek Battle Cats, Battle Creek Yankees, and Southwest Michigan Rays.
On March 31st, 2022, the Battle Creek Battle Jacks announced the new name of their home field to be MCCU Field when the naming rights were sold to long-time community partner Marshall Community Credit Union. Along with this announcement came field renovations, the adding of new “Premium Bleacher” seating to the Grandstand area, and much needed renovations to the Bud Light Dog House which is the party deck located in left field. The Bud Light Dog House still holds the record for Michigan’s Largest outdoor sports bar and comfortably seats 300 fans on game nights.