Director of Food and Beverage – Big Top Baseball – Kenosha Kingfish (Kenosha, WI)
Big Top Baseball, the premiere summer collegiate baseball ownership group is looking to hire a Director of Food and Beverage for the Kenosha Kingfish. Big Top Baseball owns and operates the Madison Mallards, Wisconsin Rapids Rafters, Kenosha Kingfish and Green Bay Bullfrogs of the Northwoods League and was named the 2014 Ballparkdigest.com Organization of the Year. BTB attracted more than 375,000 fans to its stadiums in 2014 and is poised for continued growth in the summer collegiate baseball industry.
The Kenosha Kingfish are seeking a qualified Director of Food and Beverage for the 2015 season. This position reports directly to the Assistant General Manager for Operations and indirectly to Big Top Baseball’s Executive Director of Food and Beverage. This position will be responsible for the daily oversight of all food and beverage operations in Kenosha. This is a limited term employment position starting in April, 2015.
The Director is responsible for ensuring our fans receive the freshest and best tasting food alongside the best customer service found anywhere. Duties include ensuring all products are stocked and ready for service before gates open and monitoring consistency and waste throughout each game. This position is responsible for maintaining processes for efficiency, sanitation, safety, and exceptional customer service. Supervisors must accurately complete a nightly inventory and a nightly cleaning checklist. Supervisors will also be responsible for managing food and beverage employees and reporting any staff or fan issues to management. A more in-depth list of responsibilities can be found below. A culinary degree or comparable food and beverage management experience is required. Additional training, including ServSafe and a City of Kenosha bartending license must be secured prior to official hire date. Interested candidates should respond with a cover letter and resume detailing their applicable work experience. This is a seasonal (6 month) full-time position beginning in April.
Director of Food and Beverage Responsibilities Include:
– Ensuring an exceptional fan experience through great customer service
– Ensuring quality and consistency of all food and beverage offerings
– Overseeing food preparation, storage, and service areas
– Maintaining accurate inventory (for products and par lists for production), temperature, and waste log
– Efficient ordering of all food and beverage products
– Management of all food and beverage staff, including scheduling, training, delegating responsibilities, employee evaluations, team motivation, and developing a fun and productive atmosphere
– Awareness of, and adherence to, Fire, Health, and Safety procedures, regulations, and codes.
– Oversight of nightly cleaning of all concessions areas
– Organization of all concessions areas and products at all stages of productions; from receiving goods to serving fans.
– Establishment and execution of nightly food specials
– Provide direct “hands-on” cooking or prep work if necessary to deliver quality and prompt service
– Perform other duties as assigned by Kingfish management
To apply for this position please apply here or call 262-653-0900.