Kingfish Announce 2015 Jersey Design Competition
Kenosha, Wis. – The Kenosha Kingfish are searching for artistic area students to design our 2015 road and alternate jersey. The Kingfish are reaching out to Kenosha Area Middle Schools and High Schools in hopes that their students will participate in the competition. The jersey will be worn as a road jersey and home alternate in 2015 and auctioned off during the final home game of the season. Aurora Health Care will once again be the presenting sponsor of the jersey design competition and proceeds from the silent auction will benefit the Aurora Health Care Foundation.
Over 100 students in the greater Kenosha area participated in the jersey design contest in 2014. Benjamin Hufendick from St. Joseph Catholic Academy was the contest winner and his design inspired the look for the 2014 Kingfish alternate jersey. The Kingfish wore the stylish jerseys for all 36 road games and as an alternate uniform during select home games. The 2014 jersey auction raised $3,319 for the Aurora Health Care Foundation.
In order to be considered, participants must follow the guidelines below:
1. The Kingfish will accept any of the following designs samples: computer designs (preferred), paint, crayons, colored pencils, markers and really any other way your students can convey their concepts.
2. The deadline for all participants will be February 20, 2015. The school or students can send their submissions via email, mail or fax. If the entire school or class participates, a Kingfish representative can pick up all submissions.
3. The jersey must include the following:
a. All Kingfish PMS colors
b. Jersey must include the Kingfish mascot
c. Jersey must include “Kingfish” text logo
d. Include two (2) digit numbers (numbers 10-99) on back of jersey
e. Number on front location is optional
f. 100% of the surface uniform can be used
g. Optional: Include middle school logo on jersey
4. The winning artist will be given the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at the game the Kingfish wear the alternate jersey for the first time and receive a jersey of their own, as well as a party for up to ten (10) friends/family members.
5. The picture below shows the alternate jersey designed by Bejamin Hufendick from St. Joseph Catholic Academy for the 2014 season.
You may use this TShirt Template to design your jersey. Please send submissions to Kylie Smithback at 7817 Sheridan Rd. Kenosha, WI 53143, Fax: 262-925-3426 OR Kylie@KingfishBaseball.com.
The Kenosha Kingfish are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. Playing its 22nd season of summer collegiate baseball in 2015, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, more than 120 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (WAS), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Allen Craig (BOS) and Ben Zobrist (OAK). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League Website. For more information, visit KingfishBaseball.com.