Latest News

Published On: July 2nd, 2019

Mequon, WI- Tuesday afternoon would cap off the series finale between the Lakeshore Chinooks and the Madison Mallards. After an exciting walk-off last night, the Chinooks looked to close out the Mallards and gain another game in the standings.


The Chinooks would turn another double play to get out the first and Lakeshore looked to continue their hot hitting ways at the plate. Cole Barr would lead off with a ground ball to shortstop. A throwing error would allow Barr to end up at third base. Thompson would follow with a ground ball to the pitcher and Barr would be tagged out in a run down while Thompson reached first safely. After a walk by Nathan Aide, Griffin Doersching would pop out to second. With two outs and two on Ronnie Sweeny III would pop to center and the Chinook threat ended.


Madison would strike first with a solo homerun to left field. Madison would have two runners in scoring position but would fail to push those two runs across. Lakeshore would be quickly turned away in their side of the second.


Madison would push across another run in the third inning when Andre Nnebe singled in E.J. Ranel who had doubled earlier in the inning. Artz would lead off the Chinook’s side of the inning with a hard-hit line drive to third but it would be caught. Jake Thompson would single, and Nathan Aide would follow with a single of his own. A throwing mistake would allow Thompson to advance to third base.


After two walks Pagliarini, Lakeshore starter, would be pulled from the game. He worked three and third innings, gave up four runs and allowed five hits. Lukas Meerdink would be on to work relief for the Chinooks. He would allow the runs to score. Those would be charged to Pagliarini. Meerdink would continue to work and get out of the inning.


Following Madison’s two run inning, Lakeshore was able to get two runners on base with two outs. Jake Artz would pop out and the inning would be over.


In the top of the fifth, the Mallards would only put one runner on after a single. The Chinooks would get out of the inning unscathed. It would only be the second inning where the Mallards didn’t score. The Chinooks would follow with an inning where they would cut Madison’s lead to one.


During the inning a rain delay was issued. After a delay of 30-40 minutes, the Northwoods League decided to call the game after five innings of play. Madison defeated Lakeshore 4-3.


The Chinooks take on the Traverse City Pit Spitters tomorrow at 6:05 p.m.