Back for 2021: Share the Glove Grant
Grafton, WI – The Lakeshore Chinooks along with the Northwoods League Foundation are excited to announce the return of the Share the Glove program and grant for 2021. The Chinooks will be awarding a $2,500 equipment grant to a local youth baseball organization. The Northwoods League Foundation will be awarding more than $55,000 in youth baseball and softball equipment through 22 Share the Glove grants over the course of the spring.
Organizations must meet applicable criteria related to IRS 501(c)(3) guidelines and the Northwoods League Foundation’s mission.
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible to receive the grant:
- Organization qualifies as a 501(c)(3) organization, school or school-based program, or community-based organization as defined under US IRC section 501(c)(3)
- Organization is not an individual, for-profit business, political, or religious organization
- Organization provides opportunities for kids ages 9-12 to play baseball or softball within a community that is served by a Northwoods League affiliate
The grant is a standardized set of Rawlings baseball equipment, sized for youth ages 9-12. The grant includes:
- (1) Sets of Catcher’s Gear
- (8) Batting Helmets
- (10) Fielding Gloves
- (1) Bucket of Practice Baseballs
The Northwoods League Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball into positive change and support for communities. The Mission of the Northwoods League Foundation is to utilize the game of baseball to enrich the quality of life for children and families with an enduring and caring focus on Northwoods League communities.
To apply for the Share the Glove grant, either fill out the form below or print off the application (please include a statement of purpose) returning it by mail to 983 Badger Circle Grafton, WI 53024 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org