Filter:

Six Chinooks Players Named to MLD Showcase Roster

Mequon, WI – Six Chinooks players from the 2022 roster have been selected for the 2022 Northwoods League Major League Dream Showcase: Matthew Deprey (Catcher), Mitch Mueller (Pitcher), Michael Seegers (Shortstop), George Klassan (Pitcher), Tim Baird (Pitcher) and Matthias Haas (Third Baseman).

Matthew Deprey has been an integral part of the Chinooks offense since making his debut on June 3rd. The Xavier catcher leads the Chinooks in games played (42), average (.339), hits (59), doubles (12), and RBI (32) while also sitting top ten in the league in batting average. Deprey’s explosive offense and brick wall defense (just two errors at catcher in 260 total chances) led to the Sun Prairie, WI native being selected for the 2022 Northwoods League All-Star Game and Home Run Challenge.

Mitch Mueller has proven to be a dangerous arm out of the bullpen for the Chinooks with a 3-1 record through 13 appearances on the mound. A team-leading 0.78 ERA and three saves along with just five walks and two earned runs through 23 innings pitched earned the second year Chinook a trip to the All-Star Game. The Parkland College product entered the ASG in relief, tossing 0.2 innings, striking out a batter.

71 percent of the world is covered in water. The other 29 percent is covered by Michael Seegers. The shortstop from the University of Iowa boasts a .949 fielding percentage, turning 22 double plays in the process. When he’s not making highlight reel plays in the field, Seegers has slashed .294/.415/.309 through 36 games driving in 13 runs. A menace on the base paths, Seegers has swiped 24 bases so far this season, just three stolen bases shy of the Chinooks’ single season record.

When George Klassan takes the mound at Moonlight Graham Field at Kapco Park, Chinooks fans pay close attention to the numbers just to the right of the left field scoreboard. The Minnesota Golden Gopher is one of the hardest throwing pitchers in the Northwoods. Tossing a fastball that constantly reaches 100 mph on the radar gun, the right-hander has thrown 28 strikeouts through 20.1 innings pitched, including a season-high four on two different occasions.

Joining the Chinooks halfway through June, Tim Baird hit the ground running out of the bullpen. Allowing just two earned runs through his first six appearances, Baird also struck out 18 hitters through his first ten innings of work. Baird’s season was unfortunately shortened due to injury, being waived by the Chinooks just after his selection to the Dream Showcase.

A well-rounded player, Matthias Haas joined the Chinooks after his freshman campaign at Cal Poly going 2 for 4 with two runs and two walks in his first game on June 14th. Since then Haas has batted .257 with a .380 on-base percentage and two-home runs. Haas played hero on the road back on June 28th when he knocked a go ahead home run in the top of the ninth inning against the Wausau Woodchucks, securing the Chinooks’ 6-5 win.