Chinook Players Appear in Major League Dreams Showcase
La Crosse, Wis – Tuesday night saw six Chinooks players head to La Crosse for the Major League Dreams Showcase. The purpose of the Dreams Showcase is to bring together 100 of the Northwoods League’s top prospects to form four teams for a day of scouting workouts and double-header action. These are played in front of MLB scouts and serve as a great opportunity for exposure. Here is the lineup of Chinooks players selected to participate this year:
- Matthew Deprey (Catcher, Xavier University)
- Mitch Mueller (Pitcher, Parkland College)
- Michael Seegers (Shortstop, University of Iowa)
- George Klassen (Pitcher, University of Minnesota)
- Tim Baird (Pitcher, Ohio State University)
- Matthias Haas (Third Baseman, Cal Poly)
The first matchup of the double-header was played between Visiting Team One and Home Team One. Visiting Team One defeated Home Team One 18-10 in a game that featured plenty of offense.
- Matt Deprey started for Home Team One and went 0 for 1 with 1 BB.
The second game of the day was between Home Team Two and Visiting Team Two. The rest of the selected Chinooks players saw playing time for Visiting Team Two, who lost the game 8-5.
- Matthias Haas was a starter for the Visitors in game two and finished the night going 0 for 2 at the plate.
- Michael Seegers also started in game two for the Visitors, going 0 for 2 with 2 BB and 1 Run scored.
- George Klassen pitched a scoreless inning of relief in game two for the Visitors. He finished the night with 1.0 IP and 1 SO.
- Mitch Mueller pitched a scoreless inning to close out the game and finished with a perfect 1.0 IP.
- Tim Baird did not play in the showcase due to an injury.
Congratulations to all Chinooks players who were selected for the Dreams Showcase. The Chinooks will now begin an 11 game stretch to close out the season. Lakeshore will head to Madison to take on the Mallards tomorrow, first pitch scheduled for 6:35pm.