DigitalBallparks.com has listed Warner Park, aka the Duck Pond, as the ?Ballpark of the Week? and features both Warner Park and Breese Stevens in a two-part series on their Web site. A virtual tour and more information about this honor are available on the Web at www.digitalballparks.com.
The Duck Pond has become a fan favorite in Madison, shattering Northwoods League attendance records by drawing 5,447 people per game and 179,961 over the course of the 2004 season. The large crowds and their enthusiasm for the team and the stadium helped propel the Mallards to the 2004 Northwoods League Championship.
?There is a lot of history here at Warner Park and we are thrilled to continue on with the great tradition of baseball at Warner Park and throughout Madison,? said Mallards general manager Vern Stenman. ?Our fans have enjoyed the Duck Pond in our first five seasons and we are confident their appreciation for this park will continue this summer.?
The honor from digitalballparks.com comes after numerous additions to the Duck Pond in 2004. The Mallards have continued making improvements for the opening of the 2005 season with many new amenities including:
– For the first time in Mallards history, there will be reserved seating throughout the entire grandstand.
– The U.S. Cellular Mini-Duck Blind offering additional seating in the Duck Blind at a reduced rate on the day of the game.
– The Lifestyle Staffing Bullpen is another addition to the Great Dane Duck Blind located behind the visitor?s bullpen in right field.
– The Ashley Furniture HomeStore Best Seats in the House are an addition in left field allowing fans to enjoy a Mallards game in the style and comfort of Ashley Furniture recliners in a private deck.
– The new Physicians Plus Playground in the Meriter Fan Zone will help provide a fun-filled night for all children.
– The Wells Fargo Courtyard is an area where fans can socialize before, during and after the game; offering souvenirs, concessions, fan services and an ATM.
The Mallards open the 2005 season Wednesday, June 1, at 7:05 p.m. against the Mankato MoonDogs. For ticket information call the Mallards at 246-4277 or visit www.mallardsbaseball.com.