Bombers to Unleash the “L’eggo my Eggo Burger” at C.O. Brown Stadium this Season
Battle Creek, Mich. – If 2013 was the year of the nationally-acclaimed Bombers Twinkie Dog, 2014 might just be the year of the “L’eggo my Eggo Burger”. The Bombers announced their new signature food item today, along with some other additions to the 2014 game-day menu.
This new concoction starts with a classic Eggo, which is then topped with a unique sauce the Bombers have created – a mix of a molasses-infused BBQ along with Michigan-sourced maple syrup. This is then topped with a cheeseburger, plenty of bacon, and more sauce. Another Eggo is then placed on top of the burger. The Bombers then add yet another cheeseburger, more bacon, more sauce, and top everything off with one final Eggo. Large toothpicks are then placed to help hold the burger together. By the time it is ready, the L’eggo my Eggo Burger contains three classic Eggo’s, over a half-pound of hamburger, two slices of cheese, four strips of bacon, and plenty of the Bombers new sauce. This new item will be available for purchase on Opening Day, May 29th at 7:05 PM at the Bombers main concession stand.
General Manger Tony Iovieno commented on announcement today, adding “After the success of the Twinkie Dog last year, we felt we needed another new home run for our 2014 Food & Beverage program. The ‘L’eggo my Eggo Burger’ is not only delicious, but also pays homage to Battle Creek’s legacy as the Cereal City. I know fans will enjoy this just as much, if not more, than our nationally-acclaimed Twinkie Dog”.
Fans can also look forward to the following new 2014 menu offerings as well.
· Ball Park All-Beef Franks – Fans can look forward to bigger, better and tastier all-beef hot dogs this year at C.O. Brown Stadium thanks to the Bombers new partnership with Ball Park Franks.
· Klement’s Brats – Klement’s nationally-acclaimed brats are the new official brats of the Battle Creek Bombers.
· Brew City Mac ‘N Jack Brew Bites – Craft beer batter surrounds a mouthwatering blend of spicy pepper jack cheese, real bacon and tender elbow macaroni, giving mac ‘n cheese a new and bold twist.
· Pepsi – Fans can look forward to drinking a variety of Pepsi products this season, including Mountain Dew, as the Bombers have partnered with Pepsi for their upcoming season.
· New Beer Offerings – Shandy is back! Miller Lite and Labatt will now be on tap for the Bombers, with Labatt being the official beer of Thirsty Thursday. Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy also makes a triumphant return to C.O. Brown stadium, along with new Michigan-based crafts like Kuhnhenn’s Loonie Kuhnie and Cheboygan’s Lighthouse Amber.
Single-game tickets are now on sale and are available by calling (269)-962-0735, by emailing email@example.com or by stopping by the front office at 189 Bridge Street in Battle Creek. Opening Day is schedule for May 29th at 7:05 PM versus the expansion Kalamazoo Growlers.
The Battle Creek Bombers are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. Playing its 21st season of summer collegiate baseball, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, more than 115 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (DET) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (WAS), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Allen Craig (STL) and Ben Zobrist (TB). All league games are viewable live and free of charge via the Northwoods League YouTube channel. For more information, visit www.battlecreekbombers.com