Latest News

Published On: May 11th, 2016

Bombers BannerBATTLE CREEK, MI – The Battle Creek Bombers are excited to announce the hiring of Ari Ross and Matt Sanders as the team's new broadcasters for the 10th anniversary season. The Bombers open their season at home on May 31 against the Madison Mallards. 

M Sanders WebMatt Sanders is entering his first season with the Battle Creek Bombers. He is a recent graduate of Southern Methodist University where he studied journalism. During his time on the Hilltop, he worked for The Daily Campus, the school’s student-run newspaper, and he was a sports writer for Punto TV, SMU-TV’s weekly Spanish news broadcast. He has also worked for SMU Scout, which reports on the latest SMU football, basketball and recruiting news.

On the baseball side, he interned at CBS Radio Dallas in 2015, where he recorded and edited Texas Rangers and Houston Astros highlights and interviews for the station. He currently works for the Texas Rangers, where he is a Youth Ballpark Announcer. Battle Creek is his first official broadcasting position. To gain broadcasting experience, he attended Texas Rangers games in 2015 and sat in the nosebleeds while calling games on his phone.

A Ross Web

Ari Ross is entering his first season with the Battle Creek Bombers and the Northwoods League. A junior at Northwestern in the Medill School of Journalism, Ari is majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Economics with a certificate in Integrated Marketing Communication.

On campus he is involved with WNUR Sports, the student-radio station, serving as the Web Editor-in-Chief, and previously as the station’s Social Media Director and co-SportsVoice Producer. Through WNUR Sports, Ari has broadcast Northwestern football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball and softball games. He is also involved with Northwestern’s Studio N and Big Ten Network Student U, helping broadcast and run the broadcast operations for a number of Northwestern sporting events, ranging from the videoboard for Northwestern men’s and women’s basketball to calling baseball and softball games on BTN+.

Last summer, Ari interned with FOX Sports Ohio as a Digital Content and Marketing Intern. Ari is from Cleveland, Ohio and excited to begin his new role with the Bombers this summer.

Opening day at C.O. Brown Stadium is just 20 days away! Fans can guarantee tickets to the team’s top weekend dates of the season by locking in the Bombers new 5-game pack.  5-game packs are $59 and include the best seats at the team’s five (5) best games with all-you-can-eat food and beverages with guaranteed giveaways. Fans can buy online by going to http://northwoodsleague.com/battle-creek-bombers/tickets/5-game-packs/.  Fans can also call the team’s front office at (269) 962-0735 or by emailing tickets@battlecreekbombers.com

###

The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. The 22-year old summer collegiate league is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, more than 140 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Lucas Duda (NYM) and Ben Zobrist (CHC). All league games are viewable via the Northwoods League website. For more information, visit www.northwoodsleague.com.