Kenosha’s Northwoods League Franchise To Give First Pitch
Team Ownership To Unveil Stadium Renderings At Free Public Event On January 17th
Kenosha Baseball, the group bringing a Northwoods League baseball franchise to Kenosha’s historic Simmons Field starting in June 2014, will be hosting a “First Pitch” event at the Civil War Museum on Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
The free event is open to the public and will feature:
• The unveiling of comprehensive renovation plans to historic Simmons Field. The renovation includes Major League stadium seats from Camden Yards in Baltimore, new grandstands with improved sight lines, hospitality areas, new dugouts and a new indoor souvenir stand that will be open year round.
• Free ballpark food and non-alcoholic beverage including Bacon Glazer Doughnut Cheeseburgers, brats, cotton candy, peanuts and popcorn.
• Top secret entertainment from a nationally known minor league baseball entertainment act.
• Question and answer and meet and greet with team owners Steve Schmitt, Vern Stenman and Conor Caloia.
• Ceremonial lease signing with City of Kenosha Mayor Keith Bosman, Northwoods League President Dick Radatz Jr. and team owners.
• Free kids games and family fun.
Kenosha Baseball will be members of the 16-team Northwoods League. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games and draws more fans than any other Summer Collegiate League in North America. In 2013 the Northwoods League will celebrate its 20th season.
The Civil War Museum is located at 5400 1st Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53140.
For more information on the event or Kenosha Baseball please contact Conor Caloia at 608.509.3367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.