Growlers Announce Salute to Selfies Promotion
Kalamazoo, Mich. – The Kalamazoo Growlers are giving fans the opportunity to put their selfie skills to productive use with a Salute To Selfie Night during the 2014 season.
A selfie is defined as a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website. To participate in the promotion, simply take a selfie and post it to one of the Growlers social media accounts. Selfies can be posted directly to the Growlers official Facebook page – or by mentioning @kzoogrowlers on Twitter or Instagram and by using #SaluteToSelfie.
The team will collect selfies through April 1. Once the submission period ends, the Growlers will build a unique selfie collage jersey assembled entirely from the selfies entered in the promotion. The jerseys will be worn during the game on Thursday, July 24 when the Growlers take on the Wisconsin Woodchucks. A jersey auction will be held for the jerseys during the game. Contestants can bid on jerseys and winners will be able to receive their jersey from players on the field after the game.
All selfies submitted in the contest are eligible to be used on the Salute To Selfies Night jersey and in Growlers promotions of the event. Here are the ways you can submit your selfies:
1. Take your selfie!
2. Like the Growlers Facebook page here by clicking the link
3. Find and click “Share Photo”
4. Choose your selfie
5. Tag the Growlers and use the hashtag #SaluteToSelfie
1. Take your selfie!
2. Follow the Growlers on Twitter by clicking the link
3. Add a new tweet/photo and select your best selfie, then tage @kzoogrowlers AND use the hashtag #SaluteToSelfie
1. Follow the Growlers on Instagram by clicking the link
2. Select choose or take photo
3. Take or select your selfie!
4. Select “Tag People,” tag the @kzoogrowlers account AND use the hashtag #SaluteToSelfie
5. You can also share your Instagram selfie on Twitter and Facebook as well. Make sure to tag @kzoogrowlers and use the hashtag #SaluteToSelfie
The Kalamazoo Growlers are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. Playing its 21st season of summer collegiate baseball, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, more than 115 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (DET) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (WAS), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Allen Craig (STL) and Ben Zobrist (TB). All league games are viewable live and free of charge via the Northwoods League YouTube channel. For more information, visit http://www.growlersbaseball.com.