Published On: February 17th, 2015

New Marketing & Ticket Executives Announced, Along with Radio Personalities  

Battle Creek, Mich. – The Battle Creek Bombers are gearing up for their 2015 season, and recently announced multiple new additions to their front office. Luke Tanaka, Max Gun, Kaitie Bush, and Zander Atwood have all been hired on by the franchise for the 2015 campaign.  

New to the Bombers, Luke Tanaka is not new to radio broadcasting. His experience includes serving as a Play-By-Play Broadcaster and Color Commentator on BluejayTV.com, the internet home of Elmhurst College Athletics where he is finalizing his degree in Communications. Tanaka is also the producer and host of “Tanaka Sports Talk” on WRSE 88.7 FM Elmhurst, a Sports Journalist for The Leader, Elmhurst’s school newspaper, and was an intern in the Elmhurst College Sports Information Office. In his new role, Tanaka will announce informative and entertaining information to the Bombers’ audience.

Max Gun is also entering his first season with the Battle Creek Bombers and the Northwoods League. He is currently majoring in Broadcast Journalism at Michigan State University, where he will graduate in December 2015. Gun also works for the Big Ten Network Student U, where he announces play-by-play for various MSU Men’s Basketball, Soccer, and Baseball games. He has served as an anchor/reporter for MSU’s award-winning student TV newscast, “Focal Point.” With Focal Point, Gun who won two first place awards through the Michigan Association of Broadcasters contest, for Best-Anchored Newscast and Best Hard News Story. He has also interned for the NBC-TV affiliate in Detroit, (Channel 4, WDIV), where he helped conduct player and coach interviews, as well as assist in producing the 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 11 p.m. sportscast. Tanaka and Gun will be teaming up to broadcast all Bombers games this season.

Kaitie Bush begins her second season with the Bombers, and first as the Marketing and Partnership Activation Manager. She previously served as an intern throughout the 2014 season. Prior to the Northwoods League, Bush gained experience in Minor League Baseball serving as an intern for the Lansing Lugnuts. She is currently finishing her degree in Sport Management with a minor in General Business from Grand Valley State University. In her new position, Bush will provide support in the creation, development, and execution of the sponsorship objectives, marketing events, and community relations programs.

Zander Atwood will also be beginning his career in sports with the Battle Creek Bombers during the 2015 season. Although he hasn’t played baseball since high school, Atwood has dreamed of working in professional sports, especially baseball, since that time. Born and raised in Valparaiso, IN, he went to college at Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, MI, where he graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Business Administration/Sport Management. As part of his college education, he interned with the Disney College Program, working in Parade Audience Control at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL. Atwood is excited to begin his role as the Account Executive for the Bombers.

Bombers General Manager Tony Iovieno announced the additions to the front office today, and added “I believe these new front office staff members bring a wealth of experience to the table, and will allow us to provide an even better experience for our fans in 2015. Kaitie already has experience in both the Northwoods League and in Minor League Baseball; Zander joins us after a very prestigious internship at Walt Disney World, and Luke and Max are going to provide us with one of the best broadcast teams in the Northwoods League.  These are all highly talented individuals, and I couldn’t be more excited to have them here in Battle Creek”.

The Bombers open up play on May 26th, opening day of the Northwoods League season, when they host the defending NWL champion Lakeshore Chinooks. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Tickets, Mini-Plan information, and Group Outings are now available by calling the front office at (269)-962-0735 or by emailing info@battlecreekbombers.com

# # #

The Battle Creek Bombers are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. Playing its 22nd season of summer collegiate baseball, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, more than 120 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (WAS), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Allen Craig (BOS) and Ben Zobrist (OAK). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League YouTube channel.  For more information, visit www.battlecreekbombers.com.

Latest News