Bismarck Baseball is Back
New Northwoods League team kicks things off with #NameYourTeam community contest
Bareknuckle Baseball LLC, the management group of Bismarck’s new Northwoods League baseball team, is launching their website (www.bismarckbaseballisback.com) and #NameYourTeam campaign on Monday, June 6. From June 6 – June 26, the Northwoods League’s newest team is asking fans in the Bismarck, Mandan, and their surrounding communities to send in their favorite names for the new team.
Fans can submit their team name suggestions on Bismarck Baseball’s new website www.bismarckbaseballisback.com and can also double their chances to win prizes by liking Bismarck Baseball on Facebook or following them on Twitter and posting/tweeting their team name submission on the page and including the #NameYourTeam hashtag. All official entries must be submitted on the website.
“The team name contest is one of the most exciting parts of starting a new franchise and involving the fans in this decision really helps us choose a name that best represents the community,” said John Bollinger, the team’s General Manager. “Our name becomes our identity, it becomes our brand, it’s the logo on our jerseys. So it’s a big deal. And who knows the brand of our community better than our fans.”
Participants will also be entered to win various prizes including:
1. 50 winners will receive a Bismarck baseball inaugural season cap.
2. 25 winners will receive a Bismarck baseball inaugural season t-shirt.
3. If the suggestion makes it to Final Five, the first fan to submit the entry will receive the new 7-Game Package which guarantees a ticket to 7 of the best games next summer (including the home opener), best seats, includes all you can handle food and beverage, an inaugural season hat, guaranteed season premium giveaways, and more!
4. Our grand prize winner will win (2) SEASON TICKETS FOR LIFE along with an authentic new jersey, official game hat, and the honor of throwing out the 1st pitch on Opening Day.
After June 26, the top 5 submissions will be selected from the Bismarck Bareknuckle Baseball management team and be put online for fans to vote and give input into the final decision.
A small list of additional rules can be found on our website and are listed below:
• If the winning name is submitted by more than one person, all persons will be eligible for prizes; however, the earliest submission will be selected as the Final Five and grand prize winner.
• All other winners will be randomly selected in a separate drawing held at the Bismarck Bareknucle Baseball offices.
• One entry per email address.
• All information must be accurate in order to qualify.
• A list of winners will be posted at a later date this summer.
• Bareknuckle Baseball management reserves the right to market, develop and use in commerce, any name submitted by a contestant.
FANS CAN ENTER WAITING LIST TO LOCK IN OPENING WEEKEND AND BEST GAME TICKETS FOR 2017 SEASON TODAY
Fans can also guarantee tickets to the team’s Opening Weekend dates and other top weekend dates of the season by locking in Bismarck Baseball’s new 7-game pack or season tickets today! 7-game packs include the best seats at seven of the team’s top games with all-you-can-eat food and beverages and guaranteed inaugural season giveaways. Packages start at $122.50 per package. Fans can enter the team’s wait list by submitting their information at http://northwoodsleague.com/bismarckbaseballisback/tickets/7-game-ticket-packs/. Seat location and package preference priority will be given to fans in order of their name on the wait list.
Fans can also email the team with ticket inquiries directly at email@example.com
The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. The 22-year old summer collegiate league is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, more than 150 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Lucas Duda (NYM) and Ben Zobrist (CHC). All league games are viewable via the Northwoods League website. For more information, visit www.northwoodsleague.com.