Stingers add players, nearly finalizing roster for 2017
WILLMAR, Minn. – The Willmar Stingers are excited to announce a handful of new players that have been added to the Stingers roster for the 2017 season. With these signings, the roster is now nearly complete for the upcoming season, the organization’s eighth in the Northwoods League.
- Calvin Coker – RHP (Auburn)
- Nick Mears – RHP (Sacramento City)
- Kale Latorre – RHP (Montevallo)
- Gus Varland – RHP (Concordia St. Paul)
- Myles Smith – LHP (Georgia Gwinnett)
- Nick Lackney – LHP (Minnesota)
- Joe Vranesic – RHP (Kent State)
- Tyler Murray – Catcher (Hawaii)
- Danny Rodriguez – 1B (Bethune Cookman)
- Nolan Bumstead – 3B (CSU-Northridge)
- Brady Shockey – OF (Southern California)
- Tyler Reichenborn – OF (Iowa Western)
The 2017 Stingers season begins on Tuesday, May 30th against the Thunder Bay Border Cats for the Home Opener presented by Marcus Construction. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05pm. Tom Brunansky, the former Minnesota Twin, will be on hand to sign autographs and all fans will be treated to a post-game fireworks show following the game.
Field Manager Eric Vasquez, as well as the Stingers organization, will finalize the remaining roster spots in the coming days for the 2017 season. If you would like more information on tickets for the 2017 season, or more information regarding this press release, please contact the Willmar Stingers front office at 320-222-2010 or visit www.willmarstingers.com.