Looking for a career in baseball? Mallards now seeking interns for the 2009 season!
Madison, WI – October 6, 2008. The Mallards are looking for hardworking, driven, and responsible individuals who have a serious interest in working in sports. Each year we hire between 8 and 10 interns to help fill vital roles within the team’s front office including Marketing, Operations, Ticket Sales, Hospitality, and Video Production. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Customer Service Manager Liz Kern at Liz@mallardsbaseball.com. We will begin conducting interviews after November 1st for the 2009 season. Read on for detailed descriptions of each internship.
The internships are full-time positions and require a full commitment of your summer. Interns will work not only every home game, but help to handle all day to day responsibilities in the office on off-days as well. 80 to 90 hours per week during a home stand is common. Below is a very brief description of our internship positions. Of course there is no way to fully describe the experience you’ll get from spending an entire summer with the Madison Mallards.
(pictured, left: Patrick Miller, 2008 Marketing Intern)
* Help implement sponsorship contracts
* Coordinate all on-field promotions and pre-game activities (National Anthem, first pitches etc)
* Organize and attend mascot/player appearances in the community
* Develop positive relationships with fans, clients and community members to help promote the Madison Mallards
* Help with the setup and cleanup of all events held at the stadium
* Supervise game day staff and help with scheduling and payroll
* Coordinate the travel and meal itineraries for the Mallards when on the road, and for visiting teams when they are in Madison
* Responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of the ballpark
* Work directly with Customer Service Manager to ensure that all large company outings have tickets in hand and have made final payments
* Help manage and schedule a staff of game day employees to help with the incoming calls, walkup ticket orders
* See that Will Call and mail orders are done on a daily basis in an organized manner
* Assist with other special groups in the park (player families, scouts, birthday parties, wireless scanning, etc)
* Work directly with Customer Service Manager to ensure that all large company outings have a good time when at their game
* Help manage and schedule a staff of game day employees – suite servers, beer pourers, etc.
* Help ensure suites are properly setup for the evening and work with usher manager to make sure each area has wristbands and ushers
* Assist with other special groups in the park (Duck Blind Parties, Home Plate Club, suite food/beer orders, etc)
Video Production Internship
* Responsible for training camera operators and coordinating video production
* Producing highlight packages after games for the website, YouTube, & livemallardsbaseball.com
* Being familiar with XLR video cameras and TriCaster software
* Writing content for the website (series previews/game recaps)
* Helping schedule interviews with the Media
* Helping produce the 2009 game program
Thanks for your interest in Mallards baseball!