Mallards Announce 2015 Ducktoberfest Date
Madison, Wis. The Madison Mallards will host the third annual Ducktoberfest event on Saturday, August 22nd at 2:00 pm at the Duck Pond. Entry to the event is FREE with food, beverage, and games available for purchase.
Ducktoberfest features a large variety of fall seasonal and German beers. For $20 fans can purchase the Ducktoberfest Beer Tasting Package. This package includes 12 tastings of beer, a commemorative four ounce tasting glass, and your choice of one German themed entree.
Mallards Executive Chef Tristan Straub will be creating classic German cuisine such as jaeger schnitzel with dill sour cream and sauerbraten with sweet and sour beef gravy. Kids frankfurters (hot dogs) will also be available.
A variety of activities including dachshund races, axe throwing, hammerschlagen, keg toss, and a petting zoo will highlight the event. Live polka bands will perform from 2:30 – 6:00 pm. Below is a complete list of event highlights.
- Petting Zoo
- Axe Throwing
- Keg Toss
- Hay Rides
- Mallards Inflatables & Bobblehead Ring Toss
- Live Entertainment
- Dachshund Races
Also available throughout the day for adults will be the German Home Run Competition with the winner taking home the grand prize of a case of Octoberfest Beer, a Mallards t-shirt, a Mallards mug and 4 Great Dane Duck Blind tickets. This time trial competition will consist of the following:
1) Each entry fee is $5 and each contestant will receive a Free Mallards hat.
2) Contestant will start on home plate and sprint to first base while carrying an empty keg.
3) At first base the contestant will be met with a German sausage that they must consume prior to heading to second base.
4) After running to second base, the contestant will play one game of Hammerschlagen by pounding the entire nail into the log.
5) When they reach third base the contestant must drink one 16 ounce beer. After consuming the beer the contestant will sprint to home plate.
6) Each contestant will be timed and the best time at the end of the event will be declared the winner.
All attendees are encouraged to dress up in their vintage German attire to celebrate the beginning of fall. The Mallards will have a prize package for the best dressed!
Mallards season ticket and group packages are on-sale now! To purchase please contact the Mallards ticket office at 608-246-4277 or email at email@example.com.
The Mallards open the 2015 season at the Duck Pond on Tuesday, May 26th at 6:35 pm against the Kalamazoo Growlers. Mallards single game tickets go on-sale Saturday, April 25th at 9:00 am.
The Madison Mallards are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. Playing its 22nd season of summer collegiate baseball in 2015, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, more than 120 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (WAS), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Allen Craig (BOS) and Ben Zobrist (OAK). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League Website. For more information, visit www.MallardsBaseball.com