Pit Spitters Release 2023 Promotional Schedule!
2023 Single Game Tickets Now On Sale
Traverse City, MI, April 12, 2023- The Pit Spitters announced the release of their 2023 promotional schedule today along with the news that individual tickets are now on sale! Firework Fridays, Polish Heritage Night and ‘Up North Cork Dorks’ rebrand among favorites to return in 2023.
“We’re excited to continue the tradition of having fun at the ballpark and creating that social environment for our fans,” said Jacqueline Holm, General Manager of the Traverse City Pit Spitters. “The Pit Spitters are thrilled to bring back some of last season’s favorite promotions while keeping fans on their toes for new and exciting events at the stadium!”
Fans can also expect to see a return of a few familiar nightly promotions as well including;
- Sundays are Family Days, presented by Great Wolf Lodge, when the first 250 kids 12 & under eat free. In addition, fans will be able to play catch on the field pre-game and kids can run the bases post-game.
- Mondays are Industry Nights; proof of a hospitality job will get you ticket and beverage discounts on Monday Nights all season long!
- Every Tuesday will be our Barks and Brews nights presented by Cheboygan Brewing Company. Fans can bring their dogs to the game and draught craft beers will be half-price.
- Wednesday Nights are Salute to Service presented by Turtle Creek Casino and Hotel. Half-price box seat tickets will be available for all veterans, first responders, health care workers, teachers, and snowplow drivers.
- Thirsty Thursday’s return with $2 20oz. beers, $2 Pepsi Products, and $2 hot dogs.
- Headlining the 2023 promotional calendar are 10 fireworks nights! They are scheduled every Friday throughout the season in addition to select non-Friday dates. The spectacular display kicks off with Opening Week, and additional fireworks dates are peppered throughout the season.
- Every Saturday will be a “Spit-tacular Saturday!” Fans can expect great theme nights, and giveaways! Plus, on Saturdays, all fans age 50 or better can get half-priced tickets, as part of our Silver Sluggers Promotion presented by Audicare. Baseball Bingo will also be available for senior’s courtesy of Centennial Wealth Advisory.
In addition to these Spitacular weekly promotions, the Pit Spitters are welcoming back some familiar theme night favorites like Pride Night, June 10th, presented by Huntington Bank and the return of the Up North Cork Dorks rebrand presented by Bonobo Winery on August 4th. The Business at the Ballpark Networking event is new for the 2023 season and will debut during the day game on July 13th with a Margarita Night featuring a Pit Spitters Floral Shirt giveaway scheduled for that evening as part of a day-night double header. West Shore Bank is celebrating their 125th anniversary with $1.25 dogs for all in attendance on Sunday August 6th, and the Pit Spitters welcome back an event from 2020 with the 2nd annual 1k beer run on Saturday, August 5th hosted at Turtle Creek Stadium prior to that evening’s game.
Highlighting the 2023 season festivities, the Pit Spitters are also stoked to welcome the All-Star Game presented by Traverse City Tourism, for the first time in franchise history. The two-day event begins Monday, July 24th with the Home Run Challenge and and continues the next evening with a Fanfest and the All-Star Game on Tuesday, July 25th.
“We’re excited to show off Traverse City and the region to baseball fans,” said Trevor Tkach, President and CEO of Traverse City Tourism. “I’m looking forward to watching some of the best college baseball players in the country play right in our backyard!”
A full version of the 2023 Pit Spitters Promotional Schedule can be found HERE. The Pit Spitters individual tickets are now on sale for the 2023 season. Groups, Season Ticket Packages and Suites are already on sale and for more information on those opportunities visit the Pit Spitters web site, www.PitSpitters.com or call (231) 943-0100.
The Pit Spitters begin their 5th season Monday, May 29th, at home against the Rockford Rivets. Season ticket packages are on sale now, and individual tickets and promotions are now available. A 2023 schedule is attached and for more information about group outings and season ticket packages, please visit the Pit Spitters web site, www.PitSpitters.com or call (231) 943-0100.
About the Traverse City Pit Spitters: The Traverse City Pit Spitters have been members of the Northwoods League since their inaugural season in 2019. The Pit Spitters have won two Northwoods League Championships and delivered their unique brand of FUN to hundreds of thousands of fans. The Pit Spitters share Managing Partners and principal ownership with the West Michigan Whitecaps, the High A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, based in Comstock Park, Michigan. The team’s home games are played in Traverse City’s favorite multi-purpose outdoor entertainment venue, Turtle Creek Stadium. For more information visit https://northwoodsleague.com/traverse-city-pit-spitters/ or contact Jacqueline Holm at 231-943-0100 Ext. 214/ email JacquelineH@pitspitters.com.
About the Northwoods League: The Traverse City Pit Spitters are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Now in its 29th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires, and front office staff, 300 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (NYM), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and 2019/2021 Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and 2021 All-Star, MLB Gold Glove winner and 2019 Second Team All-MLB shortstop Marcus Semien (TEX). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. League games are viewable live at watchnwl.com and on ESPN+. For more information, visit www.pitspitters.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Pit Spitters as your favorite team.