Rafters Announce Open Interview Dates for 2019 Summer Employment
Team Hires Over 70 Local Employees Each Season
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. – Are you ready to follow your dream of working for a sports team? Are you an energetic person with a positive attitude, great work ethic, and enjoy working with people? If so, then a summer job with the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters may be right for you!
This experience will allow you to be a part of the Rafters for up to 36 home games, with the possibility of more days should the Rafters enter the playoffs. The Rafters value positive attitudes, friendliness, and desire to be of service to our fans every game day. The team also values hard work and a commitment to the organization and our goals. As an employee, you will be given proper training and support to develop skills needed to work in this fast-paced environment. This will include mandatory meetings prior to the season to be trained on the organization and various ballpark settings.
The Rafters have announced the two dates that open interviews will take place for 2019 summer employment. Interviews will be held on Wednesday, March 20th from 3:30pm-6:00pm and Saturday, March 23rd from 11:00am-1:00pm. The interviews will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. The Rafters staff will contact all applicants prior to the interview dates to determine which date works best for them to attend.
Each year the Rafters employ over 70 part-time staff. For all of our employees, we want your summer experience to help you create lifetime skills and many awesome memories. A few of the many jobs that will be available include:
- Concession Preppers/ Runner- Runners serve as liaisons between the Grillers and Cashiers to fill the customer’s order. They’re focus is on efficiently receiving the customer’s order from the cashier and working with the grillers to produce the products that they need to complete the order. Runners are accessible to customers and should be helpful and responsive to their wants, needs, and concerns. Interested candidates should have a positive attitude and work well in group settings.
- Ticket Taker- Greet fans as they enter the stadium and help them with wrist banding and ticketing answers any questions they may have. This requires an increased knowledge of Stadium rules and ticket promotions.
- Usher- Directs fans to their seats and answers any questions they may have. This requires an increased knowledge of Witter Field and its various areas and a willingness to inquire with full-time staff if needed to ensure our fans are receiving the correct information in a kind and timely manner. Ushers are also responsible for maintaining an orderly parking system.
- Griller- Responsible for ensuring fans receive the freshest food possible in a timely manner. Grillers will follow specific food preparation and sanitation guidelines designed to create a consistently quality product. Interested candidates should have experience in a kitchen environment, and be able to work in a fast-paced, hot environment.
- Dishwasher- Responsible for washing, sanitizing, and storing all dishes and utensils according to proper procedures explained by the concessions manager. Additionally, dishwashers will have a role assisting the concessions managers and grillers when there are no dishes.
- Cashier- Cashiers are the face of the Rafters food and beverage experience. They are expected to greet and accommodate customers with a positive attitude and a smile. Cashiers are responsible for managing cash and credit transactions at each of our concessions areas while processing accurate and timely concessions orders. Interested candidates should have a positive attitude, outgoing personality and work well in group settings.
- Beer, Soda, and Snack Vendor- Must be energetic and personable. Expected to have great customer service skills and follow proper alcohol awareness policies. Cash handling and being able to work in a fast-paced environment are major qualifications for this position.
- Bartender- Expected to have great customer service skills and follow proper alcohol awareness policies. Cash handling and being able to work in a fast-paced environment are major qualifications for this position.
- Wait Staff- Provide service to the suite customers, including but not limited to; preparing the suite with food and beverage for the event, maintaining suite cleanliness, and providing a positive experience for all members of the group. Suite servers must be at least 18 years of age and have an outgoing personality.
- Kid Zone- Responsible for attending to the Kids Zone games. Must have a friendly and positive attitude and be good with kids and parents. Ability to take and count tickets accurately, handle cash, handle prizes, and assist in the setup and tear down of the Kids Zone every game day.
If employment is desired, applications are available by visiting raftersbaseball.com or by stopping by the Rafters Front Office at Witter Field, Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. To fill out an application, follow the link below.
The deadline to submit applications for game day employment is Tuesday, March 19th. Open interviews will take place in the Rafthouse Team Shop located down the 3rd base line at Witter Field.
Please contact Matt Steinmetz at 715-424-5400 or email@example.com with any questions.
Want to attend a Rafters game next season? Rafters 9-Game Ticket Packages are on sale now! For more information on all Rafters ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or come visit us over at historic Witter Field. The Rafthouse is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids. Single game tickets go on sale Friday, April 19.
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 200 former Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (BOS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET) and Curtis Granderson (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.raftersbaseball.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Rafters as your favorite team.