Latest News

Published On: March 15th, 2019

Cullen Holt hired as Radio Broadcaster and Director of Media Relations

The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are pleased to announce Cullen Holt as the Radio Broadcaster and Director of Media Relations for the 2019 season.

Cullen Holt

Holt, a California native, will provide live play-by-play for all 72 of the Rafters’ Northwoods League contests on WFHR AM 1320, as well as manage the Rafters’ press box and media requests. Additionally, all 36 Rafters’ home games at historic Witter Field will also be streamed with live video on the Northwoods League Portal.

Holt got his start in broadcasting as a Producer for the Inland Sports Show on Fox Sports 1350 AM in Riverside, California. Last summer, he worked as the Broadcaster and Media Director for the Souris Valley Sabre Dogs of the Expedition League, a summer collegiate league in Great Plains.

Currently, Holt serves as the primary play-by-play voice for California Baptist University’s NCAA Division I soccer and water polo teams on the university and conference digital networks. He also broadcasts live high school soccer and basketball on IEMG-TV in San Bernardino, California and is a contributor for the Inland Sports TV Show.

Holt is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Sports Journalism at California Baptist. He is currently the sports editor for the campus newspaper. He has broadcast six sports across multiple competition levels, covering high school, college, and minor league baseball.

“I am thrilled to be a part of such a successful organization in such a prestigious league,” Holt said, “I cannot wait to build a relationship with the Wisconsin Rapids community and Rafters fans, both in person and over the airwaves.”

Want to attend a Rafters game next season? Rafters 9-Game Ticket Packages are on sale now! For more information on all Rafters ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at

715-424-5400, or come visit us over at historic Witter Field. The Rafthouse is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.

###

The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 200 former Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (BOS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET) and Curtis Granderson (TOR).  All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit  www.raftersbaseball.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Rafters as your favorite team.