Rafters Announce Open Interview Dates for Summer Employment
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.- Are you ready to follow your dream of working for a sports team? Are you an energetic person with a positive attitude, great work ethic, and enjoy working with people? If so, then a summer job with the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters may be right for you!
This experience will allow you to be a part of the Rafters family for up to 36 home games, with the possibility of more days if (and when) the Rafters enter the playoffs. The Rafters value positive attitudes, friendliness, and a desire to be of service to Rafters fans every game day. The team also admires hard work and a commitment to the organization and its goals. As an employee, proper training will be provided, along with support to develop skills needed to work in a fast-paced environment. This will include mandatory meetings prior to the season to be trained on the organization and various ballpark settings.
The Rafters have announced the two dates that open interviews will take place for 2020 summer employment. Interviews will be held on Saturday, April 4th from 10:00am-2:00pm and Wednesday, April 8th from 3:30pm to 6:00pm. The interviews will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. The Rafters staff will contact all applicants prior to the interview dates to determine which date works best for them to attend.
Each year the Rafters employ over 70 part-time staff. For all employees, the Rafters want the summer experience to help create lifetime skills and memories. Jobs available for the upcoming summer include:
- Concession Prepper/Runner– Serve as liaisons between the Griller and Cashier to fill the customer’s order. The focus is on efficiently receiving the customer’s order from the cashier and working with the griller to produce the products that they need to complete the order. Runners are accessible to customers and should be helpful and responsive to their wants, needs, and concerns. Interested candidates should have a positive attitude and work well in group settings.
- Ticket Taker– Greet fans as they enter the stadium, help package holders with wristbands and answers any ticketing questions. This requires an increased knowledge of stadium rules and ticket promotions.
- Usher– Directs fans to their seats and answer any questions they may have. This requires an increased knowledge of Witter Field and its various areas, as well as a willingness to inquire with full-time staff to ensure fans are receiving the correct information in a kind and timely manner.
- Griller– Responsible for ensuring fans receive the freshest food possible in a timely manner. A Griller will follow specific food preparation and sanitation guidelines designed to create a consistently quality product. Interested candidates should have experience in a kitchen setting and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Dishwasher– Responsible for washing, sanitizing, and storing all dishes and utensils according to proper procedures explained by the concession’s manager. Dishwashers will have a role assisting the concession’s manager and griller when there are no dishes.
- Cashier– Cashiers are the face of the Rafters food and beverage experience. They are expected to greet and accommodate customers with a positive attitude and a smile. Cashiers are responsible for managing cash and credit transactions at each concession area, while processing accurate and timely concessions orders. Interested candidates should have a positive attitude, outgoing personality, and work well in group settings.
- Beer, Soda, and Snack Vendor– Must be energetic and personable. Expected to have great customer service skills and follow proper alcohol awareness policies. Cash handling and being able to work in a fast-paced environment are major qualifications for this position.
- Wait Staff– Provide exceptional service to fans, including but not limited to, preparing the Home Plate Club with promotional giveaways, food and beverage menus, maintaining Club cleanliness, and providing a positive experience for all fans in the area. Wait staff must be at least 18 years of age and have an outgoing personality.
- Kid Zone– Responsible for attending to the Kids Zone games and inflatables. Must have a friendly and positive attitude. Must be good with both kids and parents. Ability to take and count tickets accurately, handle cash, handle prizes, and assist in the setup and tear down of the Kids Zone every game day.
If employment is desired, applications are available HERE or by stopping by the Rafters Front Office at Witter Field, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am-5:00 pm. An electronic form is also available HERE!
For any questions about the application process email Thomas at Thomas@raftersbasebll.com or call the Rafters Front Office at 715-424-5400.
The Rafters Home Opener is slated for 6:05pm on Wednesday, May 27th against the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders. Single game tickets will go on sale Friday, April 17th. For any questions on ticket packages or group outings call us at 715-424-5400 or visit us at Witter Field. The Front Office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 26th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 230 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB All-Star Jordan Zimmermann (DET). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.raftersbaseball.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Rafters as your favorite team.