Rafters Announce NEW Open Interview Dates
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.- Are you ready to follow your dream of working for a sports team? Are you an energetic person with a positive attitude, great work ethic, and enjoy working with people? If so, then a summer job with the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters may be right for you!
This experience will allow you to be a part of the Rafters family for up to 36 home games, with the possibility of more days if (and when) the Rafters enter the playoffs. The Rafters value positive attitudes, friendliness, and a desire to be of service to Rafters fans every game day. The team also admires hard work and a commitment to the organization and its goals. As an employee, proper training will be provided, along with support to develop skills needed to work in a fast-paced environment. This will include mandatory meetings prior to the season to be trained on the organization and various ballpark settings.
The Rafters have announced the two new dates that open interviews will take place for 2020 summer employment. Interviews will be held on Saturday, June 13th from 10:00am-2:00pm and Wednesday, June 17th from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. The interviews will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. The Rafters staff will contact all applicants prior to the interview dates to determine which date works best for them to attend.
Each year the Rafters employ over 70 part-time staff. For all employees, the Rafters want the summer experience to help create lifetime skills and memories. Jobs available for the upcoming summer include:
- Concession Prepper/Runner– Serve as liaisons between the Griller and Cashier to fill the customer’s order. The focus is on efficiently receiving the customer’s order from the cashier and working with the griller to produce the products that they need to complete the order. Runners are accessible to customers and should be helpful and responsive to their wants, needs, and concerns. Interested candidates should have a positive attitude and work well in group settings.
- Ticket Taker– Greet fans as they enter the stadium, help package holders with wristbands and answers any ticketing questions. This requires an increased knowledge of stadium rules and ticket promotions.
- Usher– Directs fans to their seats and answer any questions they may have. This requires an increased knowledge of Witter Field and its various areas, as well as a willingness to inquire with full-time staff to ensure fans are receiving the correct information in a kind and timely manner.
- Griller– Responsible for ensuring fans receive the freshest food possible in a timely manner. A Griller will follow specific food preparation and sanitation guidelines designed to create a consistently quality product. Interested candidates should have experience in a kitchen setting and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Dishwasher– Responsible for washing, sanitizing, and storing all dishes and utensils according to proper procedures explained by the concession’s manager. Dishwashers will have a role assisting the concession’s manager and griller when there are no dishes.
- Cashier– Cashiers are the face of the Rafters food and beverage experience. They are expected to greet and accommodate customers with a positive attitude and a smile. Cashiers are responsible for managing cash and credit transactions at each concession area, while processing accurate and timely concessions orders. Interested candidates should have a positive attitude, outgoing personality, and work well in group settings.
- Wait Staff– Provide exceptional service to fans, including but not limited to, preparing the Home Plate Club with promotional giveaways, food and beverage menus, maintaining Club cleanliness, and providing a positive experience for all fans in the area. Wait staff must be at least 18 years of age and have an outgoing personality.
If employment is desired, applications are available HERE or by stopping by the Rafters Front Office at Witter Field, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am-5:00 pm. An electronic form is also available HERE!
For any questions about the application process email Thomas at Thomas@raftersbasebll.com or call the Rafters Front Office at 715-424-5400.