2022 Schedule Released!
Rafters Announce 2022 Northwoods League Schedule
Opening Day at Witter Field will be Monday, May 30th
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. – The Northwoods League released its complete schedule for the upcoming 2022 season. 21 Northwoods League teams will play 72 regular season games from the end of May through the middle of August. The Rafters currently reside in the Great Lakes West Division alongside rival teams from Fond du Lac, Green Bay, Madison, Mequon (Lakeshore), and Wausau. Throughout the season, the Rafters will also be playing Kenosha, Kokomo, and Rockford who are all from the Great Lakes East Division.
The Northwoods League All-Star Break will take place from July 18-20 in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. The Home Run Challenge will take place on July 18th. The Northwoods League All-Star Game will take place on July 19th. The Major League Dreams Showcase will be held on August 2nd. The MLDS features the top 100 prospects chosen by a panel of Major League scouts. This year, Northwoods League Playoffs will begin on August 14th. Playoff participants will be determined by which team wins the first half of league play (May 30-July 4) and which team wins the second half (July 5-August 13).
The Rafters 2022 schedule includes the following:
- Witter Field’s Opening Day will take place on Monday, May 30th at 6:35pm against the Green Bay Rockers
- The final game of the Rafters regular season will be on the road on Saturday, August 13th at 6:35pm against the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders.
- The home game schedule has five games on Sundays, six games on Mondays, three games on Tuesdays, six games on Wednesdays, six games on Thursdays, four games on Fridays, and six games on Saturdays.
- There are two five game homestands during the season that you will not want to miss, the first one taking place June 18th-June 22nd and the second taking place August 5th-August 9th.
- A doubleheader will be played at Witter Field against the Wausau Woodchucks on Thursday June 16th. Game times will be at 11:35am and 6:35pm.
Rafters group outings are on sale now! For more information on ticket options visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or visit Historic Witter Field. The Rafthouse is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 27th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 245 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB All-Star Jordan Zimmermann (DET). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.raftersbaseball.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Rafters as your favorite team.