Latest News

Published On: February 14th, 2022

WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. – The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are excited to announce Carter Gledhill and Brett Loftis as the TV and Radio Broadcasters for the upcoming 2022 season. Gledhill will broadcast all 36 home
games on the Northwoods League TV Network. Loftis will broadcast all 72 regular-season
games, including the Northwoods League Home Run Derby and All-Star Game, on the radio on
WFHR 97.5FM/1320AM.

Gledhill, a native from Arlington Heights, Illinois, is a junior majoring in Communications and
minoring in Journalism at Concordia University Chicago (CUC). He currently works in the Athletic Communications Department as a play-by-play broadcaster on Cougar Sports Network.  He Also conducts weekly interviews with coaches and creates content for social media. Gledhill also held the title of editor-in-chief of the university newspaper, The Spectator.

When he’s not wearing the headset, Gledhill laces up the cleats, as a catcher on the baseball
team. Last season, he appeared in eight games and hit .323 with four RBIs for the Cougars.

Before joining the Rafters, Gledhill spent two summers with the Joliet Slammers, as a
broadcaster and content creator. In addition, he co-hosted pregame shows, provided in-game
reports, and interviewed players and coaches.

“I’m excited for the opportunity to join the Rafters, and call games at Historic Witter Field this summer,” Gledhill said. “This is a tremendous opportunity for me as a broadcaster to continue
being around the game I love. I look forward to opening day on May 30 and engaging with the
Rafters’ community.”

Brett Loftis, coming to Wisconsin Rapids from Union, South Carolina, is a senior majoring in sports communication at Piedmont University in Demorest, Georgia. He is currently the play-by-play voice of the Piedmont Lions. Loftis has broadcasted all the following sports: baseball, softball, volleyball, men’s soccer, women’s soccer, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball.

Outside of the broadcasting booth, Loftis is the President of Piedmont University Debate, the
Magazine Editor of the University’s student-run Magazine, The Roar, and the radio station
manager of the student-run radio station at Piedmont University, WPCZ 98.7FM.

Loftis has worked at multiple radio stations in his young career thus far. He worked at WPCC in
Clinton, SC, and had a summer-long internship at Golden Isles Broadcasting in Brunswick,
Georgia in 2021. Loftis has hosted multiple sports talk radio shows on z98.7FM at Piedmont
University, as well as being a DJ on Magic 105.9 during his time at Golden Isles Broadcasting.

“I cannot wait to get to Wisconsin Rapids and get on the microphone for the Rafters. It has been
my dream to broadcast baseball since I was 8 years old, and I could not think of a better place to
start,” Loftis said. “My goal is to become the greatest sports play-by-play broadcaster of all time.
I believe Rafters fans will enjoy my energy, work ethic, and entertaining personality on-air. I
cannot wait for Rafters Baseball!”

###

The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college
baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the
development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 27th season, the Northwoods
League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing
significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable
training ground for coaches, umpires, and front office staff, over 245 Northwoods League
players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016
Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and
World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist
(CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as
2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB All-Star
Jordan Zimmermann (DET). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League
website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more
information, visit www.raftersbaseball.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile
App on the Apple App Store or Google Play and set the Rafters as your favorite team