Get those pipes ready – the Duluth Huskies are looking for National Anthem performers as they celebrate another season at Wade Stadium!
The preferred performance style is traditional military-style in 90 seconds or less. Additionally, performers with musical instruments are welcomed to try out. The tryout is for individuals and small ensemble groups. Choirs and larger groups are welcome to sign up to perform the National Anthem without a tryout through Duluth Huskies National Anthem program – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The audition order will take place on a first-come, first served basis. There is no fee to audition and the general public is invited to audition. Performers are also welcomed to send in a performance of them singing if you can’t make it down to the office.
All participants will be notified via email if they have been invited to perform the anthem before a Huskies game or not. If selected, the performer must sing the same version that they auditioned at their scheduled game.
Auditions will be based on the following criteria:
- Performer’s strong vocal or musical ability – Vocals must be acapella.
Instrumental anthems are welcome but must be played through a microphone.
- Performer’s ability to sing or play from memory – Reading lyrics during audition or performance is not allowed.
- Performance speed – The song needs to be performed in 90 seconds or less.
- A traditional, military-style anthem
- Performer’s ability to also sing the Canadian National Anthem (Optional)
2019 National Anthem Audition Dates
Saturday, April 13
Saturday, May 4 from 10am-4pm
For additional questions, or to set up a different audition time, please contact the Huskies Front Office at email@example.com.