Kingfish Alternate Jersey Contest Presented by Aurora Health Care Returns for 2018
Kenosha, Wis. – Calling all local artists! The Kenosha Kingfish are looking for their 2018 road jersey and home alternate design from local Kenosha Area Middle School and High School students. The winning jersey will become an actual jersey worn by Kingfish players and will be auctioned off at the end of the season with proceeds benefiting the Aurora Health Care Foundation.
Many students in the Greater Kenosha area participated in the jersey design contest in 2017. The winner, Grant from All Saints Catholic School saw his design come to life last season. The jersey was worn for all 36 road games in 2017 in addition to select home games as the alternate home jersey.
To be considered, participants must follow the guidelines below:
- The Kingfish will accept any of the following design samples: computer designs (preferred), paint, crayons, colored pencils, markers and any other way students can convey their concepts.
- The deadline for all participants is December 8, 2017. The school or students can send their submissions via email, mail, fax or in person at Simmons Field.
- The jersey must include the following:
- All Kingfish PMS colors
- Jersey must include the Kingfish fish logo
- Include two (2) digit numbers (numbers 10-99) on back of jersey
- Number on front location is optional
- Jersey designs with the “Kenosha” or “Kingfish” text logos are preferred
- 100% of the surface uniform can be used
- The winning artist will be given the opportunity to throw out a first pitch. Winner will also receive a jersey of their own and a party for up to ten (10) friends/family members.
Please send submissions to Hailey Marrero at 7817 Sheridan Rd. Kenosha, WI 53143, OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to attend a Kingfish game next season? Visit KingfishBaseball.com or call 262.653.0900 for more information on ticket options. The Kingfish Ticket Office powered by Platinum Systems is open from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday at Simmons Field, 7817 Sheridan Road in Kenosha.
The Kenosha Kingfish are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The 23-year-old summer collegiate league is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 20 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, more than 180 former Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including two-time Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champion Ben Zobrist (CHC) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (BOS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET), Curtis Granderson (NYM) and Lucas Duda (NYM). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.kingfishbaseball.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Kingfish as your favorite team.