Stingers and Rice Memorial Hospital announce Community All-Star Team roster
Nine local kids were selected to become Stingers for a day
Willmar, MN – The Willmar Stingers and Rice Memorial Hospital are pleased to announce the members of the 2015 Rice Community All-Star Team. The Rice Community All-Star team was created to reward kids for being leaders in their community and provide them with a once in a lifetime Stingers experience.
Children between the ages 8 to 14 were asked to submit answers to three different questions focusing on their community and how they make a positive impact. A committee reviewed each application and selected the nine winners based on their experiences and answers to the following three questions:
- Why are you proud to live in your community?
- What does it mean to be a good citizen?
- Why do you deserve to be a Rice Community All Star?
The winning entries are available to view on the Rice Memorial Hospital web site at www.ricehospital.com.
The 2015 Rice Community All-Star Team includes the following individuals:
- Kenna Henriksen, Age 8 – Willmar
- Michelle Garcia, Age 9 – Redwood Falls
- Mav Kaufenberg, Age 9 – Olivia
- Olivia Stoterau, Age 9 – Redwood Falls
- Chase Birchard, Age 10 – Willmar
- Jary Santos Segovia, Age 10 – Willmar
- Isaac Strommer, Age 11 – Raymond
- Christian Diederich, Age 13 – Murdock
- Jaedin Ringler, Age 14 – Belgrade
Each of the nine children selected will be rewarded with an experience that will show what it is like to live the day in the life of a Stingers baseball player. Each of the nine children will become a part of the Stingers Baseball Club on the Rice Memorial Hospital Night on Tuesday, June 2.
The All-Star experience for the nine children will include:
- Be presented with their very own Willmar Stingers baseball card, which will also be the giveaway for that evening's game.
- Be announced at an official press conference where they will be presented with their own custom Willmar Stingers jersey (name and number) and official cap.
- Be signed to a one-day promotional contract with the Willmar Stingers.
- Team transportation from the press conference to the pre-game meal with the entire Stingers team.
- Have the chance to take batting practice and infield/outfield with the Willmar Stingers.
- Be introduced to the crowd as an official member of the Stingers.
- Throw out a ceremonial first pitch on June 2.
- Run on the field for the National Anthem with the Willmar Stingers team.
- Have the chance to sit in the dugout with the team for an inning during the game.
The Willmar Stingers are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. Playing its 22nd season of summer collegiate baseball in 2015, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, more than 120 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (WAS), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Allen Craig (BOS) and Ben Zobrist (TB). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League Website. For more information, visit www.willmarstingers.com.