Games will rarely be postponed before the game’s original starting time. All efforts will be made to play every game. Remember, weather varies from city to city and in all likelihood – the Stingers will play ball!
Rainy Day Terminology
A rain delay is when the game is officially delayed. Play will continue later in the evening. Tickets cannot be exchanged in the event of a rain delay.
A postponed game is when a game starts and then is postponed due to inclement weather before a game becomes official. (After the 5th inning if the game is not tied, or after the top of the 5th inning if the home team is ahead)
A rainout is when a game never begins and is cancelled. When this happens, the game is usually rescheduled into a double header the next time the two teams meet.
What happens in the event of a rainout?
- In the event of bad weather, the best place to find out if the game has been cancelled or postponed is our website at www.willmarstingers.com or on the Stingers social media sites.
- If we need to cancel a game, we’ll immediately put a story on the website describing any details of when the game will be rescheduled and how to redeem your tickets.
Stingers Rainout Policy: NO REFUNDS ARE ALLOWED
- If a game is rained out prior to the conclusion of the 5th inning, all tickets for reserved & box seats can be redeemed at the Stingers Ticket Office for any other game remaining in the regular season.
- If a game is rained out prior to the gates opening, all tickets can be redeemed at the Stingers Ticket Office for any game remaining in the regular season, based on availability.
- If a game is rained out, all Christianson Home Plate Club and Woody’s Trucking Dugout Club tickets can be exchanged for (4) reserved tickets and unlimited food/drink wristbands for another game during the regular season in the Stingers Ticket Office.
- If a game is rained out, the Stingers staff will work with each group attending that game on one of the hospitality suites to reschedule for another game during the season.
- If the game is shortened due to rain but has been played beyond the required five (5) innings to make it a complete game, all tickets will be considered used and cannot be redeemed for another game in the Stingers Ticket Office.