NATIONAL ANTHEM TRYOUTS
Get those pipes ready – the Duluth Huskies are looking for National Anthem performers as they celebrate their 13th season and the “Greatest Game on Turf” campaign.
The Huskies is holding auditions for 2015 National Anthem performers at Wade Stadium on Saturday, May 2nd, 2015 from 9am-11am. The preferred performance style is traditional military-style in 90 seconds or less. Additionally, performers with musical instruments are welcomed to try out. The tryout is for individuals and small ensemble groups. Choirs and larger groups are welcome to sign up to perform the National Anthem without a tryout through Duluth Huskies National Anthem program – email email@example.com for more information.
The audition order will take place on a first-come, first-served basis. Fans will receive a number after they have turned in their registration form. The forms will be available on-site the day of auditions and also on www.duluthhuskies.com. There is no fee to audition and the general public is invited to audition.
Performers will audition in front of a panel of judges. All participants will be notified via email if they have been invited to perform the anthem before a Huskies game or not. If selected, the performer must sing the same version that they auditioned at their scheduled game.
Auditions will be based on the following criteria:
- Performer's strong vocal or musical ability – Vocals must be a cappella. Instrumental anthems are welcome, but must be played through a microphone.
- Performer's ability to sing or play from memory – Reading lyrics during audition or performance is not allowed.
- Performance speed – The song needs to be performed 90 seconds or less.
- A traditional, military-style anthem – This is a song of respect and we prefer little variation.
- Performer's ability to also sing the Canadian National Anthem
For additional questions, please contact Daniel Hersey at firstname.lastname@example.org
– See more at: http://northwoodsleague.com/duluth-huskies/community/national-anthem-performers/#sthash.ZhCHczh8.dpuf