Published On: March 20th, 2023

Dylan Ashcraft, Duluth Huskies Staff Writer

dylanashcraft@cityautoglass.com

Huskies Sign Jacksonville Native with Northland Familiarity

Moore spent three seasons with the Duluth Jaxx travel team, making the Huskies an easy connection.

Duluth, Minn.- Ian Moore may be from Florida, but he’s well acquainted with the Northland of Minnesota. The 2022 graduate of Episcopal High School and current student at the College of Central Florida played three seasons with the Duluth Diamond Jaxx, earning an MVP in the 2020 Midwest Elite Championship. “I wanted to play for the Huskies due to the many connections and friendships I made in Duluth over the last three years,” he said. A true utility player, Ian can play infield, outfield, and is a right-handed pitcher.

The freshman saw his first bit of action for the Central Florida Patriots on Jan 28th, where he had one hit and one run in two plate appearances, according to cfpatriots.net. When he’s not playing baseball, Moore enjoys travel, surfing, and watching college football. What is one thing Moore learned in 2022 that he’d like to put into practice this season? “To have the confidence that I’m as good as everyone else out on the field,” he said. Ian is looking forward to representing the city of Duluth this summer, and his goals for 2023 are developing more to play at the college level and finding a four-year school to play at.

We’re glad you’ll be continuing your baseball growth in Duluth, Ian! Welcome to the Huskies family!

###

The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Entering its’ 30th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 24 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires, and front office staff, over 310 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (NYM), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and 2019/2021 Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and 2021 All-Star, MLB Gold Glove winner and 2019 Second Team All-MLB shortstop Marcus Semien (TEX). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website at watchnwl.com and on ESPN+. For more information, visit www.northwoodsleague.com or download the Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play.

Latest News