Fond du Lac Dock Spiders – Ticket Director
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are seeking a highly motivated individual to oversee the ticket sales department.
The Dock Spiders, located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (between Green Bay and Milwaukee), are a member of the Northwoods League, one of the most prestigious summer collegiate baseball leagues in the country. The Dock Spiders recently won the 2018 Northwoods League championship in just their second year, and the city of Fond du Lac and surrounding areas are proud to call the Dock Spiders their own. The Dock Spiders are owned by the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, a highly respected team in Minor League Baseball and the Single ‘A’ affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers.
Job Description & Essential Functions
The Director of Tickets will have a sales focus and be involved in all group and individual sales efforts as well as handle all ticket operations in the box office. This person will be responsible for and manage the ticket database system and keep records current and accurate. This person will also schedule and manage ticket sellers.
Ticket sales duties consist of developing inside and outside sales possibilities and following through with ticket orders to ensure fan satisfaction. This begins with contacting new ticket sales clients to develop interest for the upcoming season with regards to season tickets, ticket packages, group outings and picnics. Minimum of 50 outbound phone calls per day will be required.
Responsibilities will also include assisting other departments when requested or needed. All job tasks should be performed in compliance with the philosophy, policies, goals, and budget of the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders.
The Director of Tickets will be responsible for the following:
- Understand and effectively meet or exceed individual and team ticket goals by prospecting for new inside/outside sales accounts through cold calls and telemarketing.
- Develop new season ticket customers and maintain a positive relationship with current ticket holders including answering questions, troubleshooting, taking and following through on orders, delivering tickets, and arranging for invoicing.
- Promote and sell all types of group and picnic options to schools, churches, organizations, and individuals.
- Develop and enhance positive relationships with clients through a high level of contact in social settings or by taking full advantage of other relationship building or entertainment opportunities.
- Effectively monitor client’s satisfaction with follow-up contact throughout the season.
- Meet and greet season ticket, ticket package, groups and individual ticket holders during ballgames.
- Train and manage all box office interns and game day ticket sellers
- Operate ticket database and keep records current and accurate.
- Close out and balance the ticket department after each game.